• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So Sick of the GPU situation

Soldato
Well gents, it looks like crypto currency is taking yet another plunge. Not that I wish anyone financial harm, but for the sake of this situation alone, I hope the damn things crashes into oblivion and we can have our GPU market back.

I tried a bit of mining on my 390. At 30MH/s (linux) was making around $1.9 per night but now it's dropped to $1 in one week. A nearly 50% drop in profitability will hurt some who hoped to get their ROI back within a few months. Hopefully it crashes further and miners start selling their gpu's and do some real work for a living instead.

Associate
im not so sure its miners fault. the gpu companies could easily make their cards not be so good at mining. they cant go out and make a mining card as it would take away from production of gaming cards and they dont want us (those of us that dont already that is) to know they are not interested in gaming. so they make a gaming card and let it leak they are also really good at the things mining takes advantage of even show us how good the mining is.

Associate
Heh I remember the days after the crash in 2018 where you could pick up a 570x for £60-70. Be nice if I can pick a 3070 at that price in a few month won’t it :)

Soldato
Dunno, with all these people in pre-order queues i can't see it going off a cliff edge. Think we are still to reach the pricing peak tbh. Sad to say that as well.

Scary but true, when I'm seeing cards sell for £3k and over in recent weeks for a card that costs £1400 msrp and then £1.5k to £2k for a card that costs £650 msrp.

Associate
Scary but true, when I'm seeing cards sell for £3k and over in recent weeks for a card that costs £1400 msrp and then £1.5k to £2k for a card that costs £650 msrp.

when you see crazy **** like that it means the bubble is about to pop; when things stop making sense. And when it does pop, it doesn’t come down slowly:) it’ll be much faster than the rate it went up.

Associate
when you see crazy **** like that it means the bubble is about to pop; when things stop making sense. And when it does pop, it doesn’t come down slowly:) it’ll be much faster than the rate it went up.

A lot of the pricing only makes ‘sense’ because the value of crypto means they can still deliver an ROI. If the gain from crypto doesn’t pay for the cost of the cards, people will be dumping them like hot bricks. We can only hope that it doesn’t make a resurgence. If it does, and this is a temporary blip... I give up lol

Associate
A lot of the pricing only makes ‘sense’ because the value of crypto means they can still deliver an ROI. If the gain from crypto doesn’t pay for the cost of the cards, people will be dumping them like hot bricks. We can only hope that it doesn’t make a resurgence. If it does, and this is a temporary blip... I give up lol
If you buy at the scalper price right now, it'll take you 7-10 month to reach ROI, which is way too high for something as unstable as bitcoins, usually 6 month is the highest tolerable level for a pro miner.

Soldato
If you buy at the scalper price right now, it'll take you 7-10 month to reach ROI, which is way too high for something as unstable as bitcoins, usually 6 month is the highest tolerable level for a pro miner.

If you can get GPU's from Ebay and then return them for a full refund at any point up to 6 months, then your investment is £0, it means instant returns

hopefully the scalpers learn a difficult lesson

Back
Top Bottom