• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I signed up to a number of them as they seem to vary between the sites they track.

I used;

Ctrl Alt Stock
Part Alert
UK Stock Alert

I had most success with Ctrl Alt Stock - they seemed to beat the other 2 by 20-30 seconds on some alerts. Which is all that it takes to score or miss out on a card.

Soldato
I was signed up to the same discord servers as above, but got the fastest alert from 'FE PartAlert' on Telegram (which I only signed up to a couple of days beforehand), so would recommend that too. Still, think luck has a part to play in whether you happen to be on your phone when something comes in, whether the web page loads quick enough for you etc.

Anyway, thanks to that Telegram channel and a bit of luck this arrived today :D:

ONl1982.jpg

Associate
I really don't think I will be running an overclock on this whilst gaming, its so fast anyway in the games I play. I will set the fans a little higher probably to keep the temp down if necessary.
What are peoples thoughts on the 12 pin adapter, I am using it at the moment have not too hard for an alternative but it is a bit fugly. Really chuffed with this.

Associate
I was signed up to the same discord servers as above, but got the fastest alert from 'FE PartAlert' on Telegram (which I only signed up to a couple of days beforehand), so would recommend that too. Still, think luck has a part to play in whether you happen to be on your phone when something comes in, whether the web page loads quick enough for you etc.

Anyway, thanks to that Telegram channel and a bit of luck this arrived today :D:

Are Nvidia still restocking the FE cards then?

Soldato
Might not even be possible going by the last update that reportedly said only 1 3 series card per customer regardless of tier. :(

Initially i was gutted I got a 3070 and not a 3080 but I realised Im only actually buying a card because my 1080 can sell for decent money right now. The 3070 is fine for 1440p like I play. If id paid almost £200 extra for a 3080 id probably barely notice a difference to enjoyment of my games.

Associate

ONl1982.jpg

Looks very nice, enjoy!

I've joined that Telegram channel myself, figured I'd try bag one of these through that. I have a smartwatch so hoping that helps with seeing alerts quickly, had a practice go at the captcha and seemed to negotiate that. I'm not as in need as some when it comes to upgrading, but if I bag one of these I'll be upgrading for not so much with what 2080 cards are going for second hand.

Caporegime
Looks very nice, enjoy!

I've joined that Telegram channel myself, figured I'd try bag one of these through that. I have a smartwatch so hoping that helps with seeing alerts quickly, had a practice go at the captcha and seemed to negotiate that. I'm not as in need as some when it comes to upgrading, but if I bag one of these I'll be upgrading for not so much with what 2080 cards are going for second hand.

An alert on your watch will probably mean you miss it
Ideally you need to be on your phone/PC as the alert comes in. There does seem to sometimes be a second wave after a few minutes though.

Caporegime
Initially i was gutted I got a 3070 and not a 3080 but I realised Im only actually buying a card because my 1080 can sell for decent money right now. The 3070 is fine for 1440p like I play. If id paid almost £200 extra for a 3080 id probably barely notice a difference to enjoyment of my games.

Far too sensible. I'll probably mine with my 3070 until I realise the 3090 is a mental purchase, sell it and go back to the 3070.

Back
Top Bottom