Need some PoE help

Associate
I've been trying to move my WiFi access point into the loft so I ran CAT5e (solid copper) up there via 2 RJ45 faceplates. I'm powering the AP via a PoE injector downstairs as there's no power in the loft, but when I plug it in it doesn't light up or show any signs of life.

The route is:
Code:
[12 port switch] -0.25m CAT5e-> [Ubiquiti POE-48-24W-G PoE injector] -2m CAT5e-> [RJ45 Faceplate] -approx 10m CAT5e-> [RJ45 Faceplate] -0.25m CAT5e-> [Ubiquiti AP AC PRO]

If I plug a laptop into the AP cable then it connects correctly at 1Gbit/s so I think that means all 4 pairs of cable must be working. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this further?

Associate
OP
Thanks I will double check those tomorrow. I'm definetly plugging into the right ports on the PoE injector.
This is how the faceplates are connected, both plates wired the same. I'll trim the excess once it's working.
yxN9fWa.jpg

Associate
OP
I bought a cable tester today and found one of the 0.25M patch cables only had 4 of the wires connected!
I don't know why Windows was showing 1Gbit/s link speed as that shouldn't be possible but at least it's working now :)

Back
Top Bottom