Valheim

Soldato
Wish i had realised this before going all in with my Iron into the sword lol. Off to the swamps again for me tonight then for more Iron yet again :p
Basically everything in the swamps is weak to blunt weaps so Clubs and Mace for example are better than slash from Swords. I solo'd Boney on Friday night on my SP world and one nice tip, if there's a crypt nearby, keep it unlocked because you may need to retreat there at some point to heal up. I died twice after accidentally running into a nearby Draugr spawner so destroy any of those you encounter before spawning Boney lol

Soldato
Basically everything in the swamps is weak to blunt weaps so Clubs and Mace for example are better than slash from Swords. I solo'd Boney on Friday night on my SP world and one nice tip, if there's a crypt nearby, keep it unlocked because you may need to retreat there at some point to heal up. I died twice after accidentally running into a nearby Draugr spawner so destroy any of those you encounter before spawning Boney lol
Ha the amount of times i've accidentally stumbled up on the spawners while being chased by blobs! You find yourself in a proper pickle in no time if you're not careful in there.

Soldato
Man, getting to The Elder is proving to be a challenge. I’ve had to said part of the way there and got caught up in a pocket of the Swamp. Those bloody leeches and jumping blobby things are annoying. I managed to get to the part of the Black Forest The Elder is in but before I could build a new camp I was mobbed by around 1,000,000 Greydwarfs, turns out I had started building close to a spawner, and they chased me for ages whilst I was trying to hammer time them. Fortunately I found a Troll Cave so managed to get my stamina back and then they regretted it. How I survived that onslaught I will never know.

I’ll worry about The Elder after dinner.

Soldato
Is that what they are spawners, purple bramble looking things? I was fighting them for ages there thinking I could do something with it.

Associate
Man, getting to The Elder is proving to be a challenge. I’ve had to said part of the way there and got caught up in a pocket of the Swamp. Those bloody leeches and jumping blobby things are annoying. I managed to get to the part of the Black Forest The Elder is in but before I could build a new camp I was mobbed by around 1,000,000 Greydwarfs, turns out I had started building close to a spawner, and they chased me for ages whilst I was trying to hammer time them. Fortunately I found a Troll Cave so managed to get my stamina back and then they regretted it. How I survived that onslaught I will never know.

I’ll worry about The Elder after dinner.

I found the Elder hell tbh, 3 goes at it.. the best thing was that once summoned he stays in the world and whatever health you leave him on, he stays on.. so he killed me when on half health. So i ran back and he was still there, half dead for me to continue to battle.

a lot more challenging than the Deer.

Soldato
I found the Elder hell tbh, 3 goes at it.. the best thing was that once summoned he stays in the world and whatever health you leave him on, he stays on.. so he killed me when on half health. So i ran back and he was still there, half dead for me to continue to battle.

a lot more challenging than the Deer.

Yes that was tougher than the first boss. I, just, managed to kill him first go but he did get me to 7 health at one point so one more hit would have done for me. From the last lot of patch notes they’ve upped the toughness of the next 3 bosses but I’ll worry about that in the future. I just wanted the key.

Soldato
Yeah smash them up to stop them spawning. Also you get a seed, you need 3 of those seeds to summon the Elder boss later on.

Now the black forest is easier for us we've built a portal to one of the nests to farm resin, eyes, etc as the mobs just keep spawning. Surprising how much resin you go through making arrows

Soldato
Started to be able to survive in the black forest now, tried taking on a troll in a cave and died in one hit.
If you need any help let me know, i can create a new char and hop in your world for a few hours to help get you on your feet. Troll caves are quite confined especially if hes swinging a tree

Soldato
Done the troll, got some tin as well, next challenge find a dungeon and keep dying in there.
Made some troll pants as well.

Back
Top Bottom