Forum log in problems!

Soldato
It takes me several times to log in and when I try to post anything or even just do something like editing or even changing threads after logging in it boots me out again and I have to then try to relog several times.

Is it just me or everyone else as well?

Soldato
OP
You mean you never ticked the box to stay logged in? :confused: THE BOX THAT SAYS

STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN

What the Tony Edwards is going on in here ?
But I stay logged in when Im logged in. I dont need your stinking stay logged in boxes (it turns out I do though). So does it stay logged on even when I turn my compooter off?

Not just you, experienced the same issue yesterday evening, resolved it by ticking the stay logged in box.
Yes thats what Ive done now and its worked so far. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
That rather depends on your browser's privacy, cache and shutdown policies, no? :p
No, not at all. The original post mentioned nothing about switching the computer back on. Switching the computer back on would influence the outcome for the very reasons you highlighted.

It is in fact, Schrodinger's login.

Man of Honour
You mean you never ticked the box to stay logged in? :confused: THE BOX THAT SAYS

STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN
STAY LOGGED IN

What the Tony Edwards is going on in here ?

I never choose to stay logged in to anything. I log in when I use it and I log out when I stop using it. That used to be considered basic security. In a similar vein, I don't have payment methods remembered anywhere because I don't want to give anyone who gains access to my account free rein to go shopping with my money. That also used to be considered basic security. It annoys me that Amazon doesn't allow customers that choice and forces security-conscious customers to go into their account details and delete all remembered payment methods after every order.

Until recently, OcUK didn't require forum users to tick the "stay logged in box". It's an issue that pops up sometimes. This isn't the first time. In the past, it's been resolved in a few days.

Permabanned
I never choose to stay logged in to anything. I log in when I use it and I log out when I stop using it. That used to be considered basic security. In a similar vein, I don't have payment methods remembered anywhere because I don't want to give anyone who gains access to my account free rein to go shopping with my money. That also used to be considered basic security. It annoys me that Amazon doesn't allow customers that choice and forces security-conscious customers to go into their account details and delete all remembered payment methods after every order.

Until recently, OcUK didn't require forum users to tick the "stay logged in box". It's an issue that pops up sometimes. This isn't the first time. In the past, it's been resolved in a few days.

:D

Commissario
We know exactly what's causing the problem and it will be sorted within a few days. We have plans to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom