** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Hope it went well !
Which option did you go for in the end?

I debated whether to carry it as was but thought the risk of it falling over in the car was too great.

Fitting it back into the original packaging was a breeze actually, holding the monitor by the stand worked perfectly and lining it up in the polystyrene.

I was really nervous as I watched a YouTube video ages ago showing a guy unpacking his and he lifted it by the screen and put his finger through it

All good and still loving my G9

Associate
Got my new g7 firmware is 1009.3 is that the latest ? Only I can’t see the newest drivers on Samsung’s

thanks guys p.s the curve isn’t even as close to being over the top as I thought it would . Don’t even notice it only had it out the box 5 minutes . Not even noticeable got 32”

Associate
Just wow. I knew the upcoming G75 - 4K would be a Killer, and the one I want. But dam this is getting better by the day. Samsung just killing it ALL
Will definetly buy - QN90A MiniLED Tv, and without a question the 4K - 32 Odyssey monitor!
Take my money Samsung, I cant wait

Oh and we Really should change the name of this thread. There is NO new about them now. Change it to - Old soon Obsolete G7/G9 Thread insteed..LOL!!

Caporegime
Just wow. I knew the upcoming G75 - 4K would be a Killer, and the one I want. But dam this is getting better by the day. Samsung just killing it ALL
Will definetly buy - QN90A MiniLED Tv, and without a question the 4K - 32 Odyssey monitor!
Take my money Samsung, I cant wait

Oh and we Really should change the name of this thread. There is NO new about them now. Change it to - Old soon Obsolete G7/G9 Thread insteed..LOL!!

QN90A isnt that great though. They skimped and only went with 792 zones so a 21 x 37 array. So each backlight zone is roughly a 4 x 4 cm block so there is still blooming and the screen suffers from visible banding when viewing some subject matters.

And no Dolby Visions or Atmos.

Its good, better than their previous screens but not the best screen you can buy for the money. With other companies looking at mini led screens with 1100 or 2000 zones, 792 zones isnt that great.

I would still take an OLED screen over it unless you were watching in a bright sunlight room all of the time.

Associate
Sounds like good progress to me, might upgrade to the new G9 at some point.

But, it's far too early to get excited. if you haven't learned to wait and see, then you haven't learnt anything... Price, availability, performance etc. etc. Sounds great on paper but there are so many variables, where to begin...
I look forward to early adopters poring over the screens with a microscope then finding out that miniled's introduce new issues :)

Associate
QN90A isnt that great though. They skimped and only went with 792 zones so a 21 x 37 array. So each backlight zone is roughly a 4 x 4 cm block so there is still blooming and the screen suffers from visible banding when viewing some subject matters.

And no Dolby Visions or Atmos.

Its good, better than their previous screens but not the best screen you can buy for the money. With other companies looking at mini led screens with 1100 or 2000 zones, 792 zones isnt that great.

I would still take an OLED screen over it unless you were watching in a bright sunlight room all of the time.

Yeah I hear ya buddy, and to each of their own etc etc. But damn are the Q90A, getting raving reviews. A guy posted a ton of reviews from different places today on AWSFORUMS, and even - M3, said; overall it beat every OLED they tested so far. IMO this super Tv, are way bettet/more then I ever could dream it be. So yeah Count me in. It's by far far far the one I shall get!

Caporegime
Yeah I hear ya buddy, and to each of their own etc etc. But damn are the Q90A, getting raving reviews. A guy posted a ton of reviews from different places today on AWSFORUMS, and even - M3, said; overall it beat every OLED they tested so far. IMO this super Tv, are way bettet/more then I ever could dream it be. So yeah Count me in. It's by far far far the one I shall get!

I would pay another £1000 for one with dolby vision and atmos and 2000 zones.

Associate
I would pay another £1000 for one with dolby vision and atmos and 2000 zones.

Yeah I see all the rage about Samsung still not will bend over for DV support - in awsforum Samsung MiniLED thread. I get it and of course it would be nice to have.

Call me an amatuer, as I never even see DV content myself, and are more then happy with any HDR standard. DV would only mean one more checklist for me :D

Caporegime
Yeah I see all the rage about Samsung still not will bend over for DV support - in awsforum Samsung MiniLED thread. I get it and of course it would be nice to have.

Call me an amatuer, as I never even see DV content myself, and are more then happy with any HDR standard. DV would only mean one more checklist for me :D

Its the 792 zones that disappoints me. Both Sony and LG are about to launch super bright OLED screens - no idea just "how bright" they might be or not be but I suspect the win will still come down to OLED again overall.

Samsung are only playing around with mini led to try and keep up with LG and Sony until their own QDOLED panels come online in 2022. Then Samsung will be banging on about just how superior OLED is to LCD panels.

I am sure I read somewhere that once they do Samsung are going to stop production of all LCD panels including the one used in this TV. If it was as great as claimed then they would stick with it and develop it further with more zones.

Associate
Its the 792 zones that disappoints me. Both Sony and LG are about to launch super bright OLED screens - no idea just "how bright" they might be or not be but I suspect the win will still come down to OLED again overall.

Samsung are only playing around with mini led to try and keep up with LG and Sony until their own QDOLED panels come online in 2022. Then Samsung will be banging on about just how superior OLED is to LCD panels.

I am sure I read somewhere that once they do Samsung are going to stop production of all LCD panels including the one used in this TV. If it was as great as claimed then they would stick with it and develop it further with more zones.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it goes. And I hear you and agree. May well be as you say buddy.
The thing is im afraid of that dready burn in. And the C9 and CX tested out all had it's issues.
And dident feel really bright enough to get that pop in movies. And Yep, I only watch movies in total dark room, and of course Loved that perfect blacks only OLED so far can provide.
Will absolutely have my eyes on the upcoming LG G series or what they been called.
I know OLED coming strong this year with much brighter panels!

So we have much to look forward to. Cant wait. This will - Hopefully be a damn great year with both Tv and monitors!

Back
Top Bottom