• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
These queues man are a sorry state, its blatantly obvious the manufacturers are selling 99% of stock to miners, what a shambles of an industry graphics cards have become.

How do join these queues? Were the queues only for those that pre ordered at launch day? I simply don't see where to join.

Associate
How do join these queues? Were the queues only for those that pre ordered at launch day? I simply don't see where to join.
I'm afraid you cannot join the queue at present, OCUK are not allowing new orders till the back log of thousands already ordered are cleared,.:( I have had a Asus tuf 3080 OC on order since Oct 7th started at 918 in queue and am now at 170 in said queue so a while to go yet, and that's just on the above card, all the other cards have queues as well!! :p
think its going to be a long time before new people can order again.

Associate
And she's back again. Just got my Gaming OC back from Overclockers and she's working fine again.

Sorry for wasting your time with that RMA, as I have no clue what caused the system to not POST. But seems I'm in the all clear again.
I'm an idiot. So about the above RMA I performed on my RTX 3080. About a day after I got my perfectly working card again the same issues plagued me. System would randomly shutdown and wouldn't make it pass POST without a few resets/clear CMOS etc. I thought to myself the issue was my motherboard/CPU/RAM (as I'd had a replacement Corsair AX1200i sent to me last August) - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 / I7 6700K. A couple of days ago I received a brand new Asus Rog Strix x570-e / 5800X and a new Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600Mhz dual channel RAM kit. Tested the board outside of my case worked perfectly fine. Plumbed everything into the case, prayed to Gaben and then no POST. I was gutted. Went to sleep and thought I would have to RMA the PSU as that was the only thing I could think of causing the issue.

Yesterday morning I removed the PSU, disconnected everything and did what I should have damn well done in the first place. Kept everything in the case, and added cables from my PSU externally to the components in the case one at a time. 24pin ATX + 4pin EPS + 8pin EPS first and it booted fine. Left the GPU out of the equation and then started adding the SATA power connectors back in. Failed to POST at that point. Turns out I had a burnt out SATA power connector. I had been using an NZXT internal USB hub since 2016, it's powered by molex but I had been using a molex to SATA power connector to save having to use a string of molex connectors for one connection. All that pain caused by a cheap Chinese connector from Amazon. Removed the NZXT USB hub from my system and replaced the faulty SATA power connector and boom working system.

Moral of story, do a proper test of components on lack of POST (to save money and heart ache!). On the plus side I am happy with my upgrade to Zen 3, so least there was a positive. :)

Associate
Pretty sure the bank interest they have amassed since the end of September 2020 on pre-orders has more than covered these costs....

Clearly you have no idea of just how low interest rates on business accounts for cash have become in recent months.

Over the last 6 months they will have earned around £500 per million or possibly less, 'amassed' isn't a word I'd have used :)

Associate
Is there a certain time the FE's become available? and is it the nvidia site?

Best to check twitter for alerts on stock status - FEs have been in stock 2/3 times over the past few days - I finally got a 3080 FE and my friends managed to get them too, the 3070s and 3090s have also been in stock over the weekend.
Stock goes fast, within a couple of minutes but the checkout process via Nvidia/Scan seems really fair with anti bot checks etc.

It feels like a lot more stock is coming through now from Nvidia.

Soldato
Clearly you have no idea of just how low interest rates on business accounts for cash have become in recent months.

Over the last 6 months they will have earned around £500 per million or possibly less, 'amassed' isn't a word I'd have used :)
Yes, my business bank offers 0.01% to a whopping 0.1% with restrictions. OCUK cashflow situation must be ok though?

Associate
November/Dec/Jan and Feb did not :)

We can pray
We need a patron saint of GPUs :)
My forecast for delivery of the TUF non OC is Wk4 June after ordering on 21st Sep - I was not expecting any movement the last couple of weeks because of CNY and the following ramp up. Hopefully, ASUS will return to average 30/wk from this week.

Still enjoying my GTX980, but the card I had installed with the 10700 started to run a bit warm so swapped with the Piledriver rig - after fitting new fans as I discovered a broken blade on that one.
I am sure that some new thermal paste will help the temps, but I really do not want to take it apart.

Associate
I don't get why people are still putting up with being in these slow moving queues.

I was about 580th in the Asus TUF non oc queue, ordered on launch day, cancelled after about 3 weeks of waiting. Within a week or 2 after that I managed to get a card from somewhere else. I didn't even use the discord things or notification checker sites. Even a mate managed to get one a few days after me from somewhere different to me.

Are people just comfortable just sitting in a massive queue? I don't get it. I would be mega frustrated by now.

Associate
Me personally, I would leave the queue and invest in a console. If you can find one and not return to pc, until they sort it out.
Console just isn't an option. I pretty much only use sim titles, I have a sim rig, and VR headset. My only real interest is for VR, and pretty much only racing in VR. I can't do that on a console. When I do play on a single screen my current 2070 super is perfectly capable and I wouldn't upgrade. I only need a 3080 because I had just bought a G2 headset and play ACC. Even the 3080 will struggle to do what I want.

So you're willing to wait till maybe the end of the year? If not longer? Crazy.
It's not like there's really an alternative. I either wait for the card I bought, spend my day sitting on shops for cards to drop, or just wait until it's all clamed down. Either way I'm waiting.

Permabanned
Console just isn't an option. I pretty much only use sim titles, I have a sim rig, and VR headset. My only real interest is for VR, and pretty much only racing in VR. I can't do that on a console. When I do play on a single screen my current 2070 super is perfectly capable and I wouldn't upgrade. I only need a 3080 because I had just bought a G2 headset and play ACC. Even the 3080 will struggle to do what I want.

It's not like there's really an alternative. I either wait for the card I bought, spend my day sitting on shops for cards to drop, or just wait until it's all clamed down. Either way I'm waiting.

I see, I hope a mammoth stock drops , very soon that way all back orders might get cleared and you can enjoy your new gear.

Associate
I don't get why people are still putting up with being in these slow moving queues.

I was about 580th in the Asus TUF non oc queue, ordered on launch day, cancelled after about 3 weeks of waiting. Within a week or 2 after that I managed to get a card from somewhere else. I didn't even use the discord things or notification checker sites. Even a mate managed to get one a few days after me from somewhere different to me.

Are people just comfortable just sitting in a massive queue? I don't get it. I would be mega frustrated by now.
I think people are looking for other options but finding it so hard to strike a deal. Even if you manage to get an rtx3080 from a retailer it’s still costing more than it was on release. Even if the queue is just a backup or something

Back
Top Bottom