Scraping my ghetto car?

Caporegime
Have a car that now need to go.
I'm guessing the best thing is to scrap it?

It's an 04 plate 206 with 100k odd miles

It gets damp on the inside
It has a rough sounding engine. Likely from water damage
The driver side lock fell out
I big scratch /dent where someone reversed into it.

Collect and scrap?

Caporegime
OP
Actually the scrap price is 138 collected
Was surprised. I just did the quote

Are you not just opening yourself up to pain with ebay and idiots bidding and coming back later to your house complaining?

Caporegime
OP
I feel like 138 for no hassle might be best option.
Used prices on eBay look a bit higher. 200 tops.

I was expecting 50 quid for scraping

Caporegime
OP
That's not bad actually, have you tried webuyanycar?

Apparently there's a 50 pound fee over 100.

Quote with damage comes up at 222. I'll guess that's the highest which puts it at 170 max and having to drive there etc

They might drive it down too

Guess could try my luck. I'd no obligation

Caporegime
OP
You'll come away with less, in the end, if you go that route – and then there's the time, hassle, driving, etc. Take the no-fuss scrappage option.

This is what I'm thinking. It's a guaranteed 138

EBay has fees. And idiots.
Webuyanycar will drive price down and have to get back. With this there's no need for me to have to faff with insuring 2 cars for same day etc

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ive sold a fair few junk cars on eBay, never had a problem and always got hundreds for them.

Up to you, but eBay is my preferred disposal method for cars. Just be really clear when selling the thing, that its alternative fate was the scrap yard, give them the keys and say check this out as much as you like before purchase, but it is sold as seen.

Soldato
It's a 206, so 100% scrap it. Don't inflict it on anybody else.

But at least have some fun with it on a green lane first. We did this with my friend's old mk3 3-speed Golf (4 speed gearbox but 3rd went MIA, so it only had 1st, 2nd, and 4th. Fun times) many years ago before it got sent to the scrapyard in the sky.

Soldato
I recently got about £140 scrap for a mk1 ford focus 1.6 running on 2 cylinders.
Guy turned up, took a photo of my driving license, gave me a receipt.
Ten minutes later I had the money in my account a few hours later the destruction certificate.
It was so easy it was refreshing.

Caporegime
OP
Ive sold a fair few junk cars on eBay, never had a problem and always got hundreds for them.

Up to you, but eBay is my preferred disposal method for cars. Just be really clear when selling the thing, that its alternative fate was the scrap yard, give them the keys and say check this out as much as you like before purchase, but it is sold as seen.

Worth a go then. I'll try this first

Back
Top Bottom