Prince Phillip

Soldato
Apologies mods, my comment probably came across as trollish, it wasn't meant to.
Sadly I think Freakbro's assumption is likely to be the case in the near future. If he makes it to receive his telegram I would be very surprised. I hope he does, I think he's comedy gold, but I think it's unlikely.

Caporegime
If Philip dies, the queen won’t be far behind imo. Losing your husband and rock of 73 years is a very dangerous shock to the system for such an old lady.

Yup, for people at that age it's just a lottery - if people manage to make it that far without cancer or heart issues then the risk of dying in any given year starts to tend to some constant risk - I mean at the extremes a "healthy" 102 year old probably doesn't have any difference in the chance of dying in the next month than a 105 year old, they're just frail and ticking on and will go based on some random event, whether that is a physical accident, contracting a cold/flu or perhaps some sudden change in mental state caused by grief... in theory, there isn't necessarily a known hard limit to life expectancy (AFAIK) but in reality their frailty and chance of accidents/other events mean that practically surviving much longer at that age is highly unlikely.

Seems to have been revealed that Charle's visit was so they could discuss the future of the monarchy, so that indicates perhaps Philip himself doesn't think he has much longer left - that and the transfer to another hospital aren't good signs - I wonder if they'd have even done such a transfer for someone that old rather than just palliative care if not because of who he is.

Sadly it doesn't look good and I don't like being pessimistic but it would be a huge blow to the Queen, she's already had to step back from work because of the pandemic (which is another general thing that tends to affect people - though hopefully, she is getting plenty of human contact and exercise) but this could be a downward spiral for her too.

Man of Honour
I fear Prince Philip will not see the end of the month. And Her Majesty will die soon afterwards of a broken heart.

Even at this age she isn't as fragile as that IMO.

I could see her stepping down however afterwards - though it might not be her thoughts and intentions now.

Back
Top Bottom