Looking to build something cheap and silent under £600 for 4k movies and general browsing

Associate
Hi I want to build a PC for my wife but not sure about what parts I should order but the case must be pink and ideally it should light up like a christmas tree and the more pink and white components the better

She mainly needs it for watching 4k movies and general browsing and a 1tb ssd should be enough for her, it would have been fun to put a gpu in there too for her to use the cemu and yuzu emulators but it does not matter as it is will mainly be a system for general browsing and watching movies on and adding a graphics card would make it expensive at the moment

She already knows the sort of case she wants, the silverstone seta a1 in rose gold or something just like it in rose gold or pink, is this a good case? Not used silverstone before

There is no exact budget but something between £400 and £600 would be good but the main part is I do not want to go cheap on any of the parts as I want the build to last a while

Ideal part list
  • Any cpu
  • Motherboard with wifi and dual hdmi ports as the PC will be connected to a 4k 60 monitor and a 4k TV
  • 8gb or 16gb ram with RGB? White Corsair Vengeance? Not sure of speed though? 3200?
  • Some nice rgb lighting for inside the case that she can change to pink
  • Parts that make it almost silent as it will be in the bedroom and could be left on overnight some of the time
  • Good quality SSD

She would like it to look something like this

JFNkkdW.jpg

Associate
My 2c on this is that you want way too much for that budget - even at the 600 high mark.

you can defenitely build a nice 4k htpc / browsing machine on that budget that will serve you well - excluding a discrete gpu (ignoring used 100 pound ones), white case, rgb, silent fans.

The case you mentioned is 99 quid - so there goes a big part of your budget.

You want all white parts - usually those come with an extra 10-15% price increase so most likely not going to fit in 600 pounds

You want the machine to be silent - you will need a top aftermarked CPU cooler (Noctua) and to replace the default case fans with again top aftermarket ones.

Motherboard WITH WIFI? again more expensive than an entry one

good quality 1tb SSDs are usually 100+ as well.
--

Have a look at a Ryzen G series which have integrated graphics whilst also being able to handle 4k media.

Think about the option of painting most of the components yourself as that will be vastly cheaper, but will require some work.

If you want the looks and the quality - think about a 1000+ budget.

Associate
What about something like this?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £637.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

You can obviously mix and match.. the case comes with 3 RGB fans already... the motherboard doesn't have 2 hdmi but you can use one hdmi for the TV and display port for the monitor. OR.. a hdmi splitter.

Back
Top Bottom