Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
To be honest, I haven't really looked at pictures of one properly before. But I have now, and is frankly an embarrassment of a design for a company with the history of Aston Martin to have released... It looks crap.

Soldato
They changed the grille on the roadster version, which looked better. And if I recall, there might have been the option to have the roadster grille retrofitted to the coupè. Did I dream that, or does anyone else remember that?

Still. Not their prettiest car, but certainly not appalling. Mind you, I drive a cheap old Toyota ;)

Caporegime
And now you can confidently assert that your car is better looking than an Aston Martin. :p

The Aston looks like a sleeping hamster mixed with an ND MX5.

C1fid9K.png

Both cute individually, together, disaster.

Last edited:
Soldato
We've clearly hit a point in time where every bag of nails I've ever considered worthless and ditched would have been worth a small fortune if I'd kept and looked after lol.

XR2, 205 1.9gti, Mondeo ST24... how long until my old Focus ST2 is worth more than I paid for it new?

Soldato
It's happening in other circles as well. Hifi, for example - A low-end 80s amp with spring-clip speaker terminals, that you can pick up with one hand, would have been £5 from a car boot sale or listed on Freecycle 10 years ago but is now commanding £100+ on eBay. The mid-range stuff that you might actually want to listen to (and upward) commands ridiculous money. There's definitely a resurgence in "retro" lately, and people are trying to cash in.

Soldato
"God dammit Dave you promised me the other night that you'd sell the Range Rover and use the money for the extension"

"I was drunk, doesn't apply"

"It does, now put the bloody thing up for sale or I'm leaving you"

For sale:

fu19RgV.jpg
:D. I feel a lot of these older cars are just being listed at silly money.

Caporegime
It's happening in other circles as well. Hifi, for example - A low-end 80s amp with spring-clip speaker terminals, that you can pick up with one hand, would have been £5 from a car boot sale or listed on Freecycle 10 years ago but is now commanding £100+ on eBay. The mid-range stuff that you might actually want to listen to (and upward) commands ridiculous money. There's definitely a resurgence in "retro" lately, and people are trying to cash in.

Indeed I was amazed by how much I got for my 80s Japanese giant Panasonic speakers. Sold them for £400. I got them given back in the early 90s.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw 4 broken down cars while commuting all within about 3 miles of each other.

A Vauxhall Corsa, A Vauxhall Vivaro van, an i3 (being loaded on to a flatbed ofc) and a Honda Civic (wtf).

Plus a colleage's car randomly wouldn't start for a few hours, which is a Chinese MG. Apparently "it does that".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom