CPU Missing On Arrival

Associate
Yeah I understand their side. If i don't reply my Fiancé has had me ear off haha.
Mate I can't help but notice one thing. Your talk like your Fiancé owns you.

Allowed to open, and now she has had your ear off. Never mind the CPU tell her to chill or hit the bricks. This has all the hallmarks of a bad relationship the way you are talking.
Do I ask my other half before I layout hard earned on stuff yes I do, we discuss and if we can afford it or commit to paying it to off (it's not always beneficial to not use your credit card) then I buy, same for her...but the words allow.... and grief because something wrong? Nip that in the bud now, or walk away or grow a pair. It's not sexism or wrong to stand up for yourself respectfully, calmly, and without being made to feel bad.

Soldato
Look at section 75 protection if you paid by credit card.

The 2 day inspection time is ridiculous when we are in a pandemic and advised to leave deliveries for 3 days before opening.

Would the cpu even make a dent on the overall package weight?

Soldato
Listening to this I cant see why you would expect some kind of recomensation? dpd would take a photo of delivery, and i myself always make a video as i'm opening my goods. You never know right?
Everybody has to cover themselves, from you to ocuk to the couriers. The weakest link here is that you cant evidence that there was no cpu in the case before you opened it. Very unforunate. If its legit am sorry to hear it, but it could eually be a scam based on the evidence from ocuk perspective.

Taking video of yourself opening a parcel is not a normal thing to do and someone shouldn't be expected to do that for a company to take their complaint seriously.

Caporegime
Taking video of yourself opening a parcel is not a normal thing to do and someone shouldn't be expected to do that for a company to take their complaint seriously.
Very true. I've only done it once, when someone returned something to me and I was certain they were attempting to steal the item and send me some random junk in a box.

Turns out they weren't. :p

Permabanned

All about the evidence at the end of the day. The thing is taking a video doesn’t prove anything.

You can take the goods out of the packaging and package it back up before taking the video.

Caporegime
Where's *your* common sense? Both sides of this debate have a point, but ultimately you could attempt to pull a fast one very easily by opening the box at this bottom, removing items from inside, then filming yourself opening the box from the top.

In fact if I saw a video like that, and the contents were missing, my first thoughts would be a.) why were they filming it, b.) probably because they removed the item and are trying it on.

Some places will accept it as proof, I am glad of that, but I honestly find it surprising. The only way you could consider it proof is if you have one constant video with no cuts, from when you answer the door to the delivery driver, to when you have the package open, with the full package in frame from start to finish.

There are a lot of dishonest people in the world, stands to reason that as many of them are buyers as are sellers.

Soldato
Personally I don't mind looking wierd with a camera evidencing a £600 item being delivered. You don't have to get the guys face in it. But clearly his uniform, the parcel and the time are important. Also you could set the camera up discreetly.
Or just don't shop places that treat the customer like this.

Soldato
Personally I don't mind looking wierd with a camera evidencing a £600 item being delivered. You don't have to get the guys face in it. But clearly his uniform, the parcel and the time are important. Also you could set the camera up discreetly.

So are you filming a continuous video from delivery to carrying the parcel through the house and then opening? If you are then your delivery driver must think this is a bit strange :p

As Acme said the video doesn't really prove anything as it could be easily manipulated. I also agree with the point that the video itself is a bit suspicious, if one of my customers sent me a video of them opening their parcel I'd be thinking why are you doing this, its like you are expecting something to be wrong. Fraud is sadly a part of selling online and companies have procedures in place for it but there is no way to prove the customer stole it as it could have gone missing elsewhere in the chain so as a business you take the hit unless you can prove otherwise.

The time limit is nonsense as well, I've left parcels for a week or so as I've put them aside due to covid and then forgot about them. In one of those the order was wrong and the company still sorted it out as they know we are in strange times at the min.

Last edited:

ket

ket

Associate
DPD are dodgy as all hell I've had a fair few bad experiences with them especially during covid. AFAIK the letter of the law is that until all items are accounted for by the buyer the responsibility of the goods reaching them is on the seller so OCUK should have refunded/replaced the item then had it out with DPD themselves. Hope the OP got this all sorted I'd be absolutely furious if this happen to me and would have immediately got the ombudsman involved at the slightest whiff of the seller not being cooperative.

Associate
This is why you buy from the rainforest. Returns policy is second to none.
Shocking to be honest, and disappointing to say the least.
I make sure all my purchases of value are via CC or PayPal

Associate
Where's *your* common sense? Both sides of this debate have a point, but ultimately you could attempt to pull a fast one very easily by opening the box at this bottom, removing items from inside, then filming yourself opening the box from the top.

In fact if I saw a video like that, and the contents were missing, my first thoughts would be a.) why were they filming it, b.) probably because they removed the item and are trying it on.

Some places will accept it as proof, I am glad of that, but I honestly find it surprising. The only way you could consider it proof is if you have one constant video with no cuts, from when you answer the door to the delivery driver, to when you have the package open, with the full package in frame from start to finish.

There are a lot of dishonest people in the world, stands to reason that as many of them are buyers as are sellers.

So what should we buyers do to protect ourselves? Film evidence is no good. Photos are no good. Our word is no good. What is left? Is there some sort of extra insurance we can purchase? What if we get it delivered to a trusted third party maybe (a solicitor?) who would witness it being opened?

How about if we filmed ourselves taking it directly from the DPD guy and opening it front of them and having them on film agreeing the package is empty. Would that do it?

Back
Top Bottom