Cityfibre - Any Experience?

Soldato
Recently found out Cityfibre is coming to our estates, was pretty interested until i've done a boot searching and it seems a load of crap from what i'm reading, naff services, naff reliability and zero support/customer service. Has anyone had actual experience?

Associate
i have had it via Vodafone for the last few weeks, no issues to report so far, im on the 500 up and down package. 6 months free then £40 a month.

Vodafone customer service is not the best, but its the only option i have for the moment.

10545499795.png

Soldato
OP
i have had it via Vodafone for the last few weeks, no issues to report so far, im on the 500 up and down package. 6 months free then £40 a month.

Vodafone customer service is not the best, but its the only option i have for the moment.

£40/m seems a bit steep according to a quick look at moneysupermarket, what do you get included? mind, i had a PAYG sim from vodafone and the prices were stupid, think it was like 10p a text compared to 2p i'm on now.

Associate

you need to factor in the 6 months free tbh, i think over the course of the contract its roughly £30 a month

also compared to Virgin which is currently £42 a month for 500 down and 30 up is actually pretty good.

Soldato
Cityfibre's contractor GCU installed fibre to just outside my building 5-6 months ago. It's still not live.
There's more to the fibre than just the fibre, they are coming out of either DCs or container DCs which take their time to be made live, the whole industry went mental which has meant that due to COVID things are taking some time to come online.

Soldato
Cityfibre's contractor GCU installed fibre to just outside my building 5-6 months ago. It's still not live.

It took 3-4 months for mine to go live, they generally section out the rollout and complete an area before making it all go live at once.
You might be able to get some idea of what's going on from one.network, but take it with a pinch of salt...

Associate
Those speed tests look nice,

My street here in Bournemouth were dug up and completed on june this year.

So all in all mine went live so it took about 6 months for me.

Most importantly what is the router vodafone gives you, is it rubbish or good?

Dan.

Soldato

Likewise here. They made a handful of streets live and then stopped, meanwhile I'm paying a high out of contract price with my current provider.

Man of Honour
Looks like CityFibre are going to cover Gloucester and I'm hoping it will include my area. Any idea how long it takes from them starting works in a city to them finishing? And any idea about current resellers, I know of TalkTalk and Vodafone.

Soldato
haha how funny this post got updated. I have just been complaining to them about their terrible choice of sub contractors for the cable installations. They have made a right mess of everything they've done in the local area. To the point that it looks more like a war torn city. They called me back within 15 minutes though and they did have some fair points about not reseeding grass verges yet due to weather but there is no excuse for not clearing up debris, rubble and putting flower beds and pots back where they belonged. I'll keep an eye on things over next few months and if no repairs carried out complain again.

Yes I want the fibre but not to the detriment to the local areas. These companies should have a responsibility to upkeep the local area after digging it all up.

Soldato
my router arrived today. vodafone vox. its a THG3000 model seems to be running a broadcom dual core cpu so no intel puma crap which is a step in the right direction. seems to be a ac wave 2 router with 4x4 antenna on 5ghz band. be interesting to see it in action.

Soldato
had mine installed today. did quick wifi test and ping is incredible.

iv noticed the router has a wifi 2 ip address which is in different range of 192.168.5.x whats this for since local lan ip for the router is 192.168.1.1??

Back
Top Bottom