Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
A pretty daming piece on the future of bitcoin. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56215787

I don't see why people are bothered. Particularly as it was mentioned above that 40-70% could be from renewables.

Isn't bitcoin dead anyway the moment the first large quantum computer tries to mine it? Theoretically it could mine all the remaining coins in 2 seconds not taking into account the difficulty jump. Taking into account that, as soon as it started mining, mining would then become so difficult that no other computer/farm would be able to reasonably mine anymore.

Soldato
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get historic intra-day charts for indexes and/or individual stocks?

I’m not talking about the open and close prices on a specific day, but the actual 5- or 10-minute chart for a specific date.

Other than screengrabbing the chart at close every day, I can’t seem to find any way of getting this data.

Just bumping this question as I posted it late on Friday.

Does anyone know?

Soldato
It's what i was expecting, from the 5p IPO price it was always likely to have a huge slump, i'm just annoyed i've not been able to sell!

I only got the opportunity at 19p (I think) - but with so little in anyhow, not really significant vs today.

I may have been tempted at 25-30p range though, if I had them at that point :)

Soldato
The network then awards new coins based on who wasted the most energy.

That's not true, the Network doesn't know or care who is using the most energy all it does for rewarding is reward whoever finds the block first, it's based on chance, obviously because of the laws of probability the more miners you have, the better your chance of being first

That's pretty handy, thanks!

Now to try and find something that goes back further than two weeks.

Tradingview goes further back than 2 weeks

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Monster buys on Cellular after hours.... It's going to bounce back big in the morning!
Was tempted to go in at 13 but didn't - will set up a buy order for first thing and see what I get

Soldato
Monster buys on Cellular after hours.... It's going to bounce back big in the morning!
Was tempted to go in at 13 but didn't - will set up a buy order for first thing and see what I get

Where did you see this? I didnt even know you could see this info, not that it would possible for me to act on it :D

Caporegime
Any good YouTube videos people can recommend for me to watch for beginners on how to buy and sell stocks and shares on an app like Trading212??
youtubes probably the worst place to learn.

if you don't want to read a book then dedicate a week to learn about how the stock market works and how to properly analyse a stock and a company.

Never trust someone elses DD to be good, especially if it's on youtube/social media, always do your own.

Associate
Is it just me or are there very few interesting UK companies? I only invest in the US but it saddens me since I am British.

Where are our exciting exciting tech companies? It just seems our economy is so stale, stuck in it's old way and not forward thinking. Insurance or services are not exciting.

Back
Top Bottom