New Meshify Cases from Fractal Design

Soldato
I am between define 7 XL and Meshify 2 XL. Same case chassis but the front and top are the main difference it seems. Want to watercool in this with large RADs. Just tryingt o figure out if the Define 7 will hamper the air flow due to front door. Seems there are enough space in the door area to have air flow but not sure.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Will report back. Tomorrow I’ll move cases, got 4 Noctua A12x25 coming to keep it quiet. Shame the Chromax versions are still months away.

Found a bit of time this afternoon to moved into the new case, I'll replace the fans tomorrow when the A12x25s arrive.

Need to spend some more time tidying the cables.

DSCF9425.jpg

DSCF9426.jpg

Associate
This looks really nice LiE. What cpu cooler and memory are those? Also is the front mesh permeable through to the dust filter? And does this case have the ability to mount a 280mm AIO on top (e.g. Corsair H115i) and have full size memory like Corsair Dominator Platinum or would it need low profile memory to accommodate both? I'm facing a choice of whether to get a smaller case and be restricted in space up top or get a larger one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This looks really nice LiE. What cpu cooler and memory are those? Also is the front mesh permeable through to the dust filter? And does this case have the ability to mount a 280mm AIO on top (e.g. Corsair H115i) and have full size memory like Corsair Dominator Platinum or would it need low profile memory to accommodate both? I'm facing a choice of whether to get a smaller case and be restricted in space up top or get a larger one.

Here are the parts

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £323.64 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

You'd need low profile with the top mounted radiator, like Corsair LPX.

The front is mesh and has a dust filter.

Associate
I am between define 7 XL and Meshify 2 XL. Same case chassis but the front and top are the main difference it seems. Want to watercool in this with large RADs. Just tryingt o figure out if the Define 7 will hamper the air flow due to front door. Seems there are enough space in the door area to have air flow but not sure.

I found with push/pull on a radiator at the front of the Define 7 there was very little difference with door open and mesh panel on or off to temperatures. Like, a degree, maybe, but that was hard to discern, even. Once you have high static pressure fans in the front, the airflow is just fine.

Soldato
I found with push/pull on a radiator at the front of the Define 7 there was very little difference with door open and mesh panel on or off to temperatures. Like, a degree, maybe, but that was hard to discern, even. Once you have high static pressure fans in the front, the airflow is just fine.
Got the define 7 XL few days ago. Still planning the loop and sourcing the bits and bobs needed.
Wil find out soon enough

Associate
Got the define 7 XL few days ago. Still planning the loop and sourcing the bits and bobs needed.
Wil find out soon enough

Nice one. I really loved the Define 7. The Fractal build quality is outstanding. Better than the Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL I've ended up with by a good margin. I kinda miss it, but I already had two 360 rads and wanted a 3rd so the O11 XL it was. If I was starting fresh, A Define 7 XL with dual 420s would likely be the route I'd go.

Back
Top Bottom