Google Pixel 5

Associate
Can't knock EE. DPD turned up today with my phone. Was expecting Monday. Just setting up. Well chuffed. I knew the phone was similar in physical size to my pixel 3, but can't believe how much more screen there is.

I know some of you go naked, but I have put a Caseology case on it as Ringke don't do the Onyx for the pixel 5. Was going to put a Spigen rugged armour on, but Amazon were oos. Got some LK screen protectors and just fitted. They came with camera lens protectors as well. Thought this might be overkill, but wondered if anybody has used one, and does it have any negative impact on the camera?

Soldato
Do you guys use or recommend the Google Buds? They are currently £20 off but I also get partners staff discount at a store to get more off down to £139.

Not really sure if they will be reliable. I'd like to use them mostly at work (work shop environment)

Normal cheap wired headphones seem to last a few months.

I tried some Anker buds before but returned them day 1 as the connection was terrible

Soldato
Funnily enough, I was going to recommend the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro True Wireless Earbuds. I have them and the Pixel Buds. There's not a lot between them, but the Anker have better battery and connection, but the Buds have better features and notification integration.

Soldato
buds (all makes) are great but if you are looking for something for work calls I find them all pretty bad for picking up noise around you. they are not close enough to your mouth. trust me i have tried and seen many reviewed.

Associate
Do you guys use or recommend the Google Buds? They are currently £20 off but I also get partners staff discount at a store to get more off down to £139.

Not really sure if they will be reliable. I'd like to use them mostly at work (work shop environment)

Normal cheap wired headphones seem to last a few months.

I tried some Anker buds before but returned them day 1 as the connection was terrible

I thought the Pixel Buds were great when I had them.

Soldato
Do you have another device receiving the same notifications? I find it's inconsistent when you're setup on other devices too.

I don't think so but I'll check. This has been the strangest phone I've ever had for bugs.

Edit: I've dropped Gmail and use outlook instead and it works fine. Oddly, it was only one account that notifications didn't work for, the others were fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Just under 3 weeks in, and I am really enjoying using my Pixel 5. I have even stopped using the 3 button navigation, which I never thought I would do.
As others have stated, Battery life is immense. I think the comments about the speaker are valid, but for me, don`t affect me on a daily basis. The sound is just different.
Screen is bright, vibrant and very responsive. Fingerprint sensor is rapid. (So glad its on the back)
The Camera just speaks for itself, and the wide angle lens is more useful than I thought it would be.

Not in a 5G area, but in an upstairs bedroom, the phone finds a 5G signal comfortably.
Not surprisingly, I had to do a speed test. Sometimes hitting 200MB+ :eek:

Despite some mixed reviews, so glad I upgraded. Especially for the price. :)

Soldato
Just under 3 weeks in, and I am really enjoying using my Pixel 5. I have even stopped using the 3 button navigation, which I never thought I would do.
As others have stated, Battery life is immense. I think the comments about the speaker are valid, but for me, don`t affect me on a daily basis. The sound is just different.
Screen is bright, vibrant and very responsive. Fingerprint sensor is rapid. (So glad its on the back)
The Camera just speaks for itself, and the wide angle lens is more useful than I thought it would be.

Not in a 5G area, but in an upstairs bedroom, the phone finds a 5G signal comfortably.
Not surprisingly, I had to do a speed test. Sometimes hitting 200MB+ :eek:

Despite some mixed reviews, so glad I upgraded. Especially for the price. :)
Completely agree. Had s fairly light day today with 5 hours SoT and sitting at 47%, I'm not sure it's ever failed to get through a day for me.

Associate
The battery is one big plus coming from the Pixel 2.

The biggest improvement in the 6 for me would have to be the video. I even tried Filmic Pro and its way behind even older iPhones.

Back
Top Bottom