*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
The game should be good in 18months waiting to play my copy

What makes you think that the game will be significantly improved in 18 months? Bugfixes, sure. Some DLC of some kind, almost certainly. But not substantial changes. I think there's too much fundamental stuff missing and it's too late. I think the sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 might be closer to the game CDPR falsely claimed Cyberpunk 2077 was. I don't think they'll spend 18 months doing full scale development on a game that's already sold most of the copies it's going to sell.

Man of Honour
Yeah it isn't just about fixing - to make the game it was talked about being they need to walk back a lot of stuff.

In some ways I kind hope they don't because having experienced a half-baked version of the game it kind of ruins the experience for if they ever did it as intended - but I can't really see it happening.

Associate
Did CDPR issue a pack coaching people on deflection and denial (maybe it was part of the Ultra-Cyber Edition?)

I don't know what they did, and really couldn't care less. I base my own opinions on my own experiences.

Is the next step putting fingers in ears and saying "la la la your dislike of the game can't hurt me!"

Haha, you do realise that your opinion of the game really, truly cannot hurt me? :D

I never expected everyone to feel the way I do, no problem with that. I was being told I should change my opinion because other people have played it a lot and apparently that must mean that I'm wrong and the game is good, because playing something for a long time is indicative of quality? I guess Candy Crush and Farmville must be the peak of gaming in that case...

Nobody's suggesting you change your opinion. It's your opinion. It's yours. But I'll reiterate- given you don't own and haven't played the game, it's perfectly reasonable for anyone to ascribe no value to your opinion.

For example, in my opinion your clothing choices are terrible, you have a poor taste in music and I really don't like your family. Does that opinion hold any particular value?

(By the way, absolute mug that I must be, I'm still enjoying the game!)

Soldato
You know after enjoying 200+ hours of gameplay it's pretty odd to be told that apparently I must be some kind of mind controlled CDPR shill by someone who hasn't even played the game yet still reads this thread about a game they don't like from a company they can't stand just so they can poop on people who have the temerity to enjoy something :D

Soldato
Jeez, people sure get attached to these products don't they? As to why I read the thread - well partly to keep an eye on if/when it ever becomes worth picking up (in my opinion - calm down everyone!)... I've got my answer - still no... Don't have time to argue about the semantics of having an opinion anymore, maybe next time :rolleyes:

Soldato
Jeez, people sure get attached to these products don't they? As to why I read the thread - well partly to keep an eye on if/when it ever becomes worth picking up (in my opinion - calm down everyone!)... I've got my answer - still no... Don't have time to argue about the semantics of having an opinion anymore, maybe next time :rolleyes:
it's like no man sky, unless you get it free, dont give seedypr your money :)

Soldato
Jeez, people sure get attached to these products don't they?

Yeap, unsurprisingly people get attached to things they enjoy and then tend to react negatively when people with admittedly zero experience decide to criticise them for enjoying it. I mean thats just common sense isn't it :D

As to why I read the thread - well partly to keep an eye on if/when it ever becomes worth picking up (in my opinion - calm down everyone!)... I've got my answer - still no

...............it probably never will be as it can't possibly match upto what you're likely expecting it to be, based on the lies that CDPR told everyone before release (yes, no-one here is blind to the lies CDPR have told everyone).

However if you make the deliberate choice to put aside any pre-conceived ideas of what to expect from the game AND you can get a stable game running (completely hit/miss on this) AND you can deal with the many/varied visual glitches which'll always exist AND you can do all of that for the 100+hrs (roughly) needed to do the main mission and, more importantly, all the side stories too (the main emotional core of the story comes from these additional interactions) then you might enjoy the game, maybe, but thats a lot of things you have to decide to do first.

That's what I did to enjoy the game and why I've been able to put 200+ enjoyable hrs into the game and run-through it 4 times so far with 2 more currently in progress although, to be fair, that first "lose your pre-conceived ideas" bit was way easier for me as, before I bought the game, I'd never heard anything about it other than Keanu was in it via the "breath-taking" meme, so I never saw any trailers, never saw a review and had zero idea what the game was about etc.

Soldato
it's like no man sky, unless you get it free, dont give seedypr your money :)

To be fair, Hello Games have turned things round and are a bit of a success story now. They have basically worked for years updating the game. They are the good guys as far as I'm concenred. They just got themselves in to a sticky situation.

Soldato

Came back expecting to continue to argue but honestly that was a well written post so hats off to you sir :)

My only thoughts are that this again reflects different people's attitudes to free time etc. for me 200hrs is an insane amount of time for any game at this point in my life so I would never want to waste time on something I can't be sure to get a good experience out of. It's a fair comment to say I can't fully judge it without playing it myself, but I don't think my position is wrong either (and you've explained it well)

Expectations wise I really didn't have many either though - I avoid trailers and previews and things like the plague because they always seem to spoil too much, so actually almost everything I picked up about what might be in the game was from this thread and the odd other bits of discussion about the game elsewhere. But of course, what would and wouldn't be in the game varied wildly depending on who was talking about it and I had my doubts, which proved to be correct in a lot of cases

Despite being painted as a hater I do want the game to turn it around as I love the setting

Soldato
To be fair, Hello Games have turned things round and are a bit of a success story now. They have basically worked for years updating the game. They are the good guys as far as I'm concenred. They just got themselves in to a sticky situation.
don't give your master a stick to beat you with

Associate
My only thoughts are that this again reflects different people's attitudes to free time etc. for me 200hrs is an insane amount of time for any game at this point in my life so I would never want to waste time on something I can't be sure to get a good experience out of.

I'd better not mention the 1000+ hours (I stopped counting) I have in Factorio then :D

That's not a game though, it's an obsession.... and lockdown hasn't helped. At all.

Man of Honour
Haven't played this for a bit, is it getting any better?

This question pops up repeatedly, for good reasons.

The very short answer: A bit.

The short answer: Some of the bugs have been fixed, including most of the game-breaking ones on most PCs and the bug that made the game run slower than it should on AMD hardware. None of the missing features have been added (and probably never will be). None of the shortcomings of the UI have been fixed. None of the broken perks and broken equipment mods have been fixed. The crafting system and ingame economy is still unbalanced to the point that it's practically impossible to avoid exploiting it to some extent if you do any crafting other than making bullets. Which also serves as a very minor example of the many ways in which the UI is defective - while making bullets you're still not allowed to see how many bullets you have or how many you're making, so you've no idea how many times you need to make bullets. Any bullets over your (unexplained and unstated, of course) bullet limit spontaneously disappear, just wasting components.

It would be wildly optimistic to expect the game to ever be the game that was advertised. CDPR were lying. Simple as that. Making the game that Cyberpunk 2077 is into the game that CDPR falsely claimed Cyberpunk 2077 was is not a matter of patches. It would require major development work because core parts of that game don't exist. Vehicle pseudo-AI. NPC pseudo-AI. Player choices mattering, i.e. more than a very thin veneer of RPG (even CDPR have now stopped calling it an RPG despite years of claiming it was a full on deep RPG) . Destructible environments. Factions. Vehicle combat. An underground transport system. No doubt some other things I've forgotten or was never aware that CDPR claimed were in the game.

Soldato
So disappointing, it's like GTA with a futuristic skin with some better graphics and then core elements removed from GTA at the same time. I'm glad I paid half the UK retail price for it, but even then it seems expensive for what it is.

I did get put off the game a lot when all the different choices conversation wise amounted to nothing .

Associate
This question pops up repeatedly, for good reasons.

The very short answer: A bit.

The short answer: Some of the bugs have been fixed, including most of the game-breaking ones on most PCs and the bug that made the game run slower than it should on AMD hardware. None of the missing features have been added (and probably never will be). None of the shortcomings of the UI have been fixed. None of the broken perks and broken equipment mods have been fixed. The crafting system and ingame economy is still unbalanced to the point that it's practically impossible to avoid exploiting it to some extent if you do any crafting other than making bullets. Which also serves as a very minor example of the many ways in which the UI is defective - while making bullets you're still not allowed to see how many bullets you have or how many you're making, so you've no idea how many times you need to make bullets. Any bullets over your (unexplained and unstated, of course) bullet limit spontaneously disappear, just wasting components.

It would be wildly optimistic to expect the game to ever be the game that was advertised. CDPR were lying. Simple as that. Making the game that Cyberpunk 2077 is into the game that CDPR falsely claimed Cyberpunk 2077 was is not a matter of patches. It would require major development work because core parts of that game don't exist. Vehicle pseudo-AI. NPC pseudo-AI. Player choices mattering, i.e. more than a very thin veneer of RPG (even CDPR have now stopped calling it an RPG despite years of claiming it was a full on deep RPG) . Destructible environments. Factions. Vehicle combat. An underground transport system. No doubt some other things I've forgotten or was never aware that CDPR claimed were in the game.

Well that was rather off-putting. I was going to pick this up cheap when patched a few times but don't think ill bother now.

Soldato
So I caved and bought this yesterday... visually it's pretty but I've noticed a few people walk through doors or cigarettes smoking themselves in peoples hands. Probably going to notice a lot more too.

one thing I found odd was the high CPU usage. I have a i7 9700K so while it's not the cream of the crop I didn't expect to see 100% CPU usage. Quick Google suggests it's a known issue and someone on Reddit recommended turning down the maximum CPU power in windows power settings. I didn't think it would make a difference but thought I'd just give it a go... got a 10-15 FPS boost in the area that I was in before.

I've never had this happen with another game before

Soldato
So I caved and bought this yesterday... visually it's pretty but I've noticed a few people walk through doors or cigarettes smoking themselves in peoples hands. Probably going to notice a lot more too.

one thing I found odd was the high CPU usage. I have a i7 9700K so while it's not the cream of the crop I didn't expect to see 100% CPU usage. Quick Google suggests it's a known issue and someone on Reddit recommended turning down the maximum CPU power in windows power settings. I didn't think it would make a difference but thought I'd just give it a go... got a 10-15 FPS boost in the area that I was in before.

I've never had this happen with another game before

If you have crowed density on High try Medium. I think that one is a big killer for CPU usage. And you get a nice boost as well.

Soldato
I've been enjoying it with all bugs aside. It certainly isn't anything like we were lead to believe - visually. But I've been enjoying the game play, story and been trying to do all the extra stuff. So far, 92hrs spent on the game.

Back
Top Bottom