Superman reboot (again)

Soldato
I'm not really into playing stereotypes about people. So yeah I did roll my eyes that black man = jokes about fried chicken, kool-aide and melon.

as for my opinion. I don't think they should've changed from Henry as he's a brilliant actor and played the role well. But if it did for some reason turn out to be a black actor as long as he played the role well, what's to moan about as Superman is literally an alien he could be any race.

spider-man isn't traditionally black but into the spider-verse was one of the better films and while that is a cartoon it turned out fine. Basically I have no strong feelings either way as long as the best person is cast. And based from
What I've seen he is currently cast so whoever does come after has big boots to fill

+1

Soldato
Personally, I think Cavil was a great Superman. But he's better off out of there. The DCEU is just a huge mess.

As for the black Superman rumour... always difficult ground. Do they go with Kal-El, and have the actor portray him as he should be? Do they change aspects of the character to be more appropriate to the recasting? Or do they use a completely different character, who holds the title of Superman? Of those, the first two are both iffy. The third could be great though.

Soldato
OP
Personally, I think Cavil was a great Superman. But he's better off out of there. The DCEU is just a huge mess.

As for the black Superman rumour... always difficult ground. Do they go with Kal-El, and have the actor portray him as he should be? Do they change aspects of the character to be more appropriate to the recasting? Or do they use a completely different character, who holds the title of Superman? Of those, the first two are both iffy. The third could be great though.
The black Superman is Calvin Ellis (Kal-El). Clark is still white. I'm guess they will go with that

Soldato
Do we really need yet another reboot? Having to watch essentially the same origin story gets boring. Just cast Cavill again ffs.

I've always thought a superman movie, shown from a different perspective would be good. Perhaps him struggling with mental health, in that he's a god like creature having to decide who gets saved and who doesn't. I highly doubt it would go down well with the american (to hell with the storyline, give me cgi and nonstop action) audience.

Although, reading the first few pages of the wandavision thread, I'm not sure many over here would like it :D

If it's another, baby arrives on earth, grows up in secret, government are after him, saves a girl, races a train, fights a crap bald villan then I'm out.

Associate
I just want to watch a movie for some entertainment, as long as it has good acting and a good story that's all that is needed.
I am into pretty much anything, Action, Thriller , Sci-Fi, Comedy etc.
However all these remakes start to get boring, I rather watch something original.

Man of Honour
I've always thought a superman movie, shown from a different perspective would be good. Perhaps him struggling with mental health, in that he's a god like creature having to decide who gets saved and who doesn't. I highly doubt it would go down well with the american (to hell with the storyline, give me cgi and nonstop action) audience.

Although, reading the first few pages of the wandavision thread, I'm not sure many over here would like it :D

If it's another, baby arrives on earth, grows up in secret, government are after him, saves a girl, races a train, fights a crap bald villan then I'm out.

That was one of the things I liked about the movie Brightburn, which kind of shows what might have occurred if the kid had arrived on earth with the powers and been "evil"

Soldato
That was one of the things I liked about the movie Brightburn, which kind of shows what might have occurred if the kid had arrived on earth with the powers and been "evil"

Yeah. I'd love to see some kind of a drama movie rather than the traditional comic book style. Let's face it, comic book movies have been done to death.

Back
Top Bottom