Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
Sounds like a demotion to me?

Probably theoretically upwards but in reality more sideways. Speculating wildly I'd guess that he took it because it means he's not spending so much time travelling and away from home. It must get wearing after a while spending so much time away and it's only getting worse with F1's insanely long seasons these days.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have too many reservations on them trialling it on the proviso that it's only used if absolutely needed and only sparingly at very specific events.

I had the same feeling last year, which was expected to be boring as heck, but in the end it wasn't needed. I suppose it's better to trial it this season so if it works it's something that can be used (perhaps as an alternative to DRS) in the coming years.

I suppose it's something that would have been trialled in non-championship races in years gone by, but then again maybe they should be using their eSports races for things like this.

Soldato
Also the surveys on F1 Fan Voice make me sad...

55FegRh.png
b1e7175e-5613-4f43-853a-8647d9b8d5e3

Caporegime
Band-aid over the cancer.

'We need to spice up the show!'
'How about sorting out the car construction regulations so the cars can actually race each other?'
'Nah, that would be silly...ooh, I got it, sprint races instead of qualifying!'
Without Covid we’d have the new cars this season that are designed to do just that?

Associate
I see le mans has been postponed to August in a hope to be able to get fans in.

Interesting...So, should we even be able to get to France I am due in Perpignon on Sunday PM, and arriving in Calais around 9am Saturday.

I have been to Le Mans a few years back but was there for the whole weekend and camped onsite so once the car was parked didn't drive in/out.

Has anyone got experience of driving there and parking on Raceday? (I had originally put le mans in the trip but only to go to the museum and drive down the Mulsanne as a break on our way down and to around 3/4 of the way down through France! Bit of a diversion I know!)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Synthetic fuels aren’t really something the FIA or F1 should be researching themselves IMO. That’s up to the chemical and fuel companies.

Right. And if the FIA/F1 mandate racing with regular fuels, how does that research happen? ;)

Porsche have been looking into synthetic fuels for a little while now. It's shown a lot of promise. So how about spreading the cost of further research over a sport and have F1 be a testbed for it? It's not like it'll affect the 'show' side of it in any way. And it might just keep the sport alive a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom