Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
Very nice. Any particular reason for getting rid of the R8, or just fancied a change?
I fancied a change. I sold the R8 to Sytner who offered an OK price for the car so I got shot. I could have got more by selling privately no question, but I had too much stuff going on to worry about people wanting to chip me, kill me on test drives and generally waste my time so I got out of it. Enjoyed it hugely, but got a bit bored.

Soldato
Being delivered to home tomorrow all being well, Thursday if not.

Q85ndfG.jpg
OQ6Fxmy.jpg
LGXfezK.jpg
EwDNVlA.jpg
FYZyWp3.jpg
S5k9hWT.jpg

3.9K miles and 2 owners (current dealer is second, his personal car)
Track Pack
Buckets
Ceramics
Burmeister
Few other bits and bobs on top.

Matt silver, mint condition, excited, back in something nice after selling the R8 before Christmas.

Stunning, I bet you cant wait!

A hot AMG though? Make sure you don't take it above 3K RPM.

OcUK Staff
Wow, @Housey that's lovely, @Gibbo have you kept the Abarth or is the Yaris to replace it? How does it compare?

Abarth was sold a week prior.

They are worlds apart, the GR is a vastly superior drive, one was a city car on steroids and though a lot of fun the GR feels like a proper car.

Abarth sounds better and is very cool looking but GR well the hype is pretty true.

Soldato

They are worlds apart, the GR is a vastly superior drive, one was a city car on steroids and though a lot of fun the GR feels like a proper car.

Abarth sounds better and is very cool looking but GR well the hype is pretty true.
I agree the GR I think is going to steal a lot of sales from Abarth! They have the same target market really.

I'm keen to drive one to be fair!

Soldato

Did you sell it to the bloke from N.I. in the end?

daz

daz

Soldato
Is power really so important though? A 40-50yr car is not the kind of thing your gonna be throwing down the back lanes, its more a cruiser. So 180 or 480HP not sure it really matters in a classic unless your building a drag car.
Mine has 220HP, but it has a full catless exhaust so could have more and the L82 will supposedly hit around 300-350HP with some bolt-ons I believe if power is something.

I just prefer looks of the later C3's hence wanting an 80+, plus the later cars were around 100-200kg lighter, which offsets power somewhat, I went 1978 because it was a pace car so whereas it gains some horsepower from the newer cars it does weigh 50-100kg more I think, but for me its not about going fast or big burn outs, just want the C3 for its looks, sound and that ability to drive around sedately. :)

180 you'll probably find is plenty. 0-60 is approx 7 seconds and because of the weight distribution and lack of aids you can get the back out at any speed in quite a controlled way. I have drifted around a few roundabouts (accidentally) when being a bit eager to pull in to agap. :o

Back
Top Bottom