What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watched two movies that have been listed here a few times recently.

I care a lot 5.5/10.

Watchable, that's about all. A lot of the story made no sense. And I have to wonder how Roman got to be where he was. Especially with how inept the people that he had working for him. It didn't help the film that none of the characters in the movie were in any way likeable.

GreenLand 7/10.

I went into this thinking it was going to be pure rubbish. Especially as someone here rated it as worse then 2012. And I don't really rate Gerard Butler as an actor at all. But it was actually pretty good. No amazing action scenes or spectacular special effects. So if you want that from your end of the world disaster movie you will be disappointed.

Soldato
Apocalypse Now.... no need to score it of course. When a 42 year old film seems so modern it sums it up. A work of genius.

The Lighthouse 9/10 Crikey its different but could become a cult classic, well its in B&W for a start.

Soldato
Apocalypse now. 8/10

Finally got to see this movie. Very long at 3 hours. Good movie, though not one I'd sit through again. Not sure Martin Sheen was the best person for the lead part, someone like DeNiro or Walkern would have been better imo.

I watched it the other day for the first time. I thought it was a great film, really well shot and Martin Sheen was excellent.

It looked glorious in 4K HDR BR.

Soldato
Hot tub time machine 6/10
Ok, this is one of those films that's so terrible its actually good :p It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the title, but it's pretty amusing and entertaining at times. Just don't expect anything too clever..

My cousin Vinny 7.5/10
For some reason I have never seen this film. The Mrs was wanting to see it again so thought why not give it a go. Entertaining, with Pesci and Marisa Tomei both excellent in it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Star Trek: Generations

Generally good but then feels rushed at the end somewhat. 7/10

Star Trek: First Contact

Probably the best overall of all the Star Trek films I’ve watched so far. Has a bit of everything and you have to love the Borg. 7.5/10

Soldato
Son
Read someone comparing It to hereditary and I can see why.

some great jump scares early on and you have no idea what’s going to happen next.

about half way through it gets a tad predictable but it’s still fun to watch all the same. Nice and gory too :D

the leading lady is also very attractive which never hurts. :p

6.5-10

Soldato
Watched two movies that have been listed here a few times recently.

I care a lot 5.5/10.

Watchable, that's about all. A lot of the story made no sense. And I have to wonder how Roman got to be where he was. Especially with how inept the people that he had working for him. It didn't help the film that none of the characters in the movie were in any way likeable.

Watched this. What a horrible, hateful film. NOthing likeable about it at all. Hated all the characters. Not sure why it's listed as a comedy either...zero laughs. 2/10.

Soldato
Watched this. What a horrible, hateful film. NOthing likeable about it at all. Hated all the characters. Not sure why it's listed as a comedy either...zero laughs. 2/10.

No arguments from me!! I didn't realise it was listed as a comedy. It was tragic. I gave it 5.5 purely because It kept me watching just to see what would happen next. A horrible Hateful film indeed!!

Man of Honour
Star Trek: Insurrection

More trek. Quite liked this for its ‘feature length episode’ / reserved manner / ‘quiet plot’ feel. Certainly less appealing than First Contact for the masses but I must say I did enjoy it!

It’s soooo goofy in places that it would be abhorrent for non-fans, but seeing Picard do a bit of salsa and Data being a floatation device / the singing scene tickled me as was intended. I really liked the self-knowing goofiness, but you have to have a real fondness for the characters.

7.5/10

Man of Honour
I love First Contact but the way that woman screams in horror when the Borg first get on the Enterprise is genuinely unsettling. It really drivers home what a terrible fate it is.
I know exactly what you mean! Was a bit of jarring ‘terror’ for Trek standard.

Man of Honour
Ok, marvel in timeline order is brilliant.

Captain America The First Avenger - 7.5/10

Captain Marvel - 7/10 (actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting, first time I’ve seen it)

Iron Man - 8/10 it’s one of my favourites.

Iron Man 2 - 7/10

Thor next.

Star Trek: Insurrection

More trek. Quite liked this for its ‘feature length episode’ / reserved manner / ‘quiet plot’ feel. Certainly less appealing than First Contact for the masses but I must say I did enjoy it!

It’s soooo goofy in places that it would be abhorrent for non-fans, but seeing Picard do a bit of salsa and Data being a floatation device / the singing scene tickled me as was intended. I really liked the self-knowing goofiness, but you have to have a real fondness for the characters.

7.5/10

I loved that film. Just good, fun Star Trek with a great soundtrack and some great moments. While ‘manual control’ was ridiculous, I loved that scene.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ok, marvel in timeline order is brilliant.

Captain America The First Avenger - 7.5/10

Captain Marvel - 7/10 (actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting, first time I’ve seen it)

Iron Man - 8/10 it’s one of my favourites.

Iron Man 2 - 7/10

Thor next.

I loved that film. Just good, fun Star Trek with a great soundtrack and some great moments. While ‘manual control’ was ridiculous, I loved that scene.

The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton is supposed to be in the timeline between Iron Man 1 & 2, or at least around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom