Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Moved into our new house and need to go through the saga of picking a supplier. We only had electricity in our apartment and the house has both, so all I can do is estimate at this stage.

I generated a quote with Octopus based on medium usage and it came out at £84.97/m. This was based on an approximate usage of 2900 kWh elec and 12000 kWh gas. I used these figures with the MSE Cheap Energy Club, with E.ON and So Energy both coming in at £77/m. E.ON with the higher exit fee, therefore So Energy coming out on top.

Any other recommendations?

For reference - 1930-1950 semi, 3 bedrooms and 2 adults, with activity during the day and at night.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s the same product regardless who you go with. Just go with the cheapest provider for your usage and postcode. Check comparison sites, Check for Quidco cash back and check here for any referral codes and switch. Job jobbed.

Ignore any suggestions for specific suppliers as prices vary by postcode.

When you move in you’ll need to take over the existing supply, who ever that is but you can immediately switch supplier. You should do this right away as you’ll be on the worst deal they have.

Caporegime
prices on ovo going up by 1/3rd are others following suit?

I never realised my deal was ending in a month or so until the email I received yesterday.

I did a search and the cheapest option was £300 a year more expensive than what I'm currently paying.

I then got a link to a special deal available to mse and it's only £201 more expensive.

That's considerable when you take into account I only used about £60 a month last year so it's yeah 50% increase.

Associate
Octopus came out slightly more expensive than Bulb for me so I’m in the process of switching from Ovo to Bulb. Used a code and have £50 credit waiting to be added when the switch is complete

Back
Top Bottom