Dog 'Attack' Advice Request

Soldato
Agree with the others, your dog was on a lead, hers was not.

My dog is super friendly so I rarely have him on a lead and he tends to know if another dog isn't going to be his friend so he'll keep his distance but if he did get bitten by a dog in a similar situation that was on a lead I wouldn't dream of making the owner pay the vet bill!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The memes made me chuckle too. We have replied to the other dog owner's demand by stating it was impossible for me to try to recover the football and keep the two dogs separate at the same time, due to them not having control of their dog.

Caporegime
Having been involved in an incident where one of my dogs slipped his lead and did a lot of damage to another dog that was still on its lead, the owner with the dog off the lead - for whatever reason - is responsible in the eyes of the police, the council dog warden and the country park ranger (in my case)

I did pay for the other dogs vets bills, £1400(!) , but would hope had the tables been turned the other owner would have done the same.

Soldato
Through all your experience, you haven’t learnt the basics which is what OP experienced.

Dog on dog crime is not investigated by the police. Simple. So no, I’m not wrong, you are.

Source : https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/dog-stray-attack-accident/

The police themselves state on their website “The police will not deal with an attack by a dog on another dog.” So wind your neck in.

Yes if a person is threatened by a dog, it will be, but that’s not what happened with OP.

One of my partners is a police officer and she says call 101 and verify it, the act and legislation covers dogs dangerously out of control. OP’s wasn’t, if anything the other dog was out of control, but not dangerously so.

You’ve framed me as being wrong my making absurd assumptions that this woman is going to

a) claim op’s dog was out of control.
b) that some how a vets report to showing your dog was bitten holds any more grounds for the police than simply saying your dog was bitten.

Yes she could lie and start telling porkies, but then OP could easily lie and have 3 witnesses appear out of no where. Police won’t be touching this one with a barge pole.

You're so ignorant, it's almost laughable.

Let me try to clarify this for your micro brain.

If the OP ignores the woman with the dog, as being advised by the majority of people in this thread, what makes you think she won't make a complaint about a dangerous dog on the basis she feels threatened by it, and could have attacked her. She could claim it's aggressive and represents a danger to human life. If she feels threatened in ANY way, she can contact the Police.

Therefore there is a risk involved that the OP needs to be aware of.

In summary then, you're the one that needs to 'wind their neck in' - It's only as difficult as you make it, and you're condescending tone just goes to show how ignorant you truly are in such matters.

Soldato

If the OP ignores the woman with the dog, as being advised by the majority of people in this thread, what makes you think she won't make a complaint about a dangerous dog on the basis she feels threatened by it, and could have attacked her. She could claim it's aggressive and represents a danger to human life. If she feels threatened in ANY way, she can contact the Police.

In summary then, you're the one that needs to 'wind their neck in' - It's only as difficult as you make it, and you're condescending tone just goes to show how ignorant you truly are in such matters.

The OP could just deny it. It would still have to be investigated and there wouldn't be anything if the dog isn't actually nuts.

Soldato
The OP could just deny it. It would still have to be investigated and there wouldn't be anything if the dog isn't actually nuts.

OP could, likewise it would indeed be investigated. But there could be something, if the dog has previously shown signs of aggression, particularly if the woman has something from a vet to state the dog has attacked before (I admit, not attacked a human) - I'm just flagging this as something the OP should be aware of before blindly being told to ignore the woman, which is not the right way forward.

As it turns out, it would appear he's not ignored her now, so good on him.

Soldato

You are literally arguing with both a police officer and a 101 operator who have read through the post just fyi, as well as the police website itself. But I guess you know more because you hung out with a police dog handler a few times.

She could also claim he had a gun and pointed it at her, and then then told her if she didn’t do 10 jumping jacks he would shoot her. That would also be something he could worry about, should he?

As for my “tone”, you’re the one who started their post with “wrong”. I’ve posted my source for the OP, it’s my local forces website that clearly backs up my opinion. It’s not ignorance, I’ve deferred to 2 professionals in the field I know, and looked it up and even presented it to you.

You’ve posted a made up scenario and then presented it as a reason why OP needs to worry. I wonder, do you also worry about things that aren’t going to happen but totally could? If so, I’ve got some fantastic meteorite insurance to tell you, could totally happen, you never know! I guess you must live a very cowardly lifestyle if after hearing OP’s story you would be scared of the police getting involved, but please don’t transfer your fear of authority onto others.

As it turns out, it would appear he's not ignored her now, so good on him.

whilst he can ignore any threat of police involvement, I fully agree, she shouldn’t be ignored, she should be mocked relentlessly by OP for not having control of her dog and her dog getting G checked by a dog on a lead.

Soldato
You are literally arguing with both a police officer and a 101 operator who have read through the post just fyi, as well as the police website itself. But I guess you know more because you hung out with a police dog handler a few times.

She could also claim he had a gun and pointed it at her, and then then told her if she didn’t do 10 jumping jacks he would shoot her. That would also be something he could worry about, should he?

As for my “tone”, you’re the one who started their post with “wrong”. I’ve posted my source for the OP, it’s my local forces website that clearly backs up my opinion. It’s not ignorance, I’ve deferred to 2 professionals in the field I know, and looked it up and even presented it to you.

You’ve posted a made up scenario and then presented it as a reason why OP needs to worry. I wonder, do you also worry about things that aren’t going to happen but totally could? If so, I’ve got some fantastic meteorite insurance to tell you, could totally happen, you never know! I guess you must live a very cowardly lifestyle if after hearing OP’s story you would be scared of the police getting involved, but please don’t transfer your fear of authority onto others.

whilst he can ignore any threat of police involvement, I fully agree, she shouldn’t be ignored, she should be mocked relentlessly by OP for not having control of her dog and her dog getting G checked by a dog on a lead.

I'm not arguing with anyone, genius. I'm merely stating a fact that if the woman is potentially so aggravated by being ignored, she could start to escalate the scenario for the OP depending on how vindictive she wants to be.

You merely didn't like being told you we're wrong. And lets be honest, because of you're vague statement, suggesting the police wouldn't get involved, it was 100% wrong because you are not aware of how this woman will behave. As in, you're being ignorant to all potential outcomes. Fact, genuis.

You then try (note I said 'try') to go all Alpha male - "Wind you're neck in" - It's pathetic. Now you're trying again (note I said 'trying') to suggest how I lead my life style and how such a coward I am based on you not liking me telling you that you're wrong. Talk about over reaction? You're clearly a bully, or at least try to be, no doubt helped by the fact that you hide behind the computer.

Were you picked on at school? Actually, I don't really care, not sure why I asked.

Tell you what, you believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me, buttercup. :D

Soldato
I'm not arguing with anyone, genius. I'm merely stating a fact that if the woman is potentially so aggravated by being ignored, she could start to escalate the scenario for the OP depending on how vindictive she wants to be.

You merely didn't like being told you we're wrong. And lets be honest, because of you're vague statement, suggesting the police wouldn't get involved, it was 100% wrong because you are not aware of how this woman will behave. As in, you're being ignorant to all potential outcomes. Fact, genuis.

You then try (note I said 'try') to go all Alpha male - "Wind you're neck in" - It's pathetic. Now you're trying again (note I said 'trying') to suggest how I lead my life style and how such a coward I am based on you not liking me telling you that you're wrong. Talk about over reaction? You're clearly a bully, or at least try to be, no doubt helped by the fact that you hide behind the computer.

Were you picked on at school? Actually, I don't really care, not sure why I asked.

Tell you what, you believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me, buttercup. :D

Lol more made up imaginary scenarios, want to call the police on me? You never know how this could escalate, better do so just in case, start a case going, I’m sure they’ll jump right on this, just like they will OP’s dog on dog attack, for which the police websites implicitly state they do not get involved in.... but you know better, after all, someone’s trying to bully you online! Like the woman, you never know how ill behave, better get in that 101 call ASAP.

Soldato
Lol more made up imaginary scenarios, want to call the police on me? You never know how this could escalate, better do so just in case, start a case going, I’m sure they’ll jump right on this, just like they will OP’s dog on dog attack, for which the police websites implicitly state they do not get involved in.... but you know better, after all, someone’s trying to bully you online! Like the woman, you never know how ill behave, better get in that 101 call ASAP.

I'll end my involvement in this thread with a quote from you, so using the language you seem to understand.

Quite apt, I think. :)

Associate
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The memes made me chuckle too. We have replied to the other dog owner's demand by stating it was impossible for me to try to recover the football and keep the two dogs separate at the same time, due to them not having control of their dog.
Good response in my opinion. Hopefully, that will close it out. I'd be interested to know what, if anything, the owner replies.

Soldato
I actually think you were the more sensible one keeping your dog on a lead, I have never been a fan of free roaming dogs in public places.

Sadly though it was your dog that did the aggression, and the other owner has decided to not let it go so I would pay up.

--

Just read you made a decision, perfectly understandable as your dog was the one on a lead.

Soldato
Through all your experience, you haven’t learnt the basics which is what OP experienced.

Dog on dog crime is not investigated by the police. Simple. So no, I’m not wrong, you are.

Source : https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/dog-stray-attack-accident/

The police themselves state on their website “The police will not deal with an attack by a dog on another dog.” So wind your neck in.

Yes if a person is threatened by a dog, it will be, but that’s not what happened with OP.

One of my partners is a police officer and she says call 101 and verify it, the act and legislation covers dogs dangerously out of control. OP’s wasn’t, if anything the other dog was out of control, but not dangerously so.

You’ve framed me as being wrong my making absurd assumptions that this woman is going to

a) claim op’s dog was out of control.
b) that some how a vets report to showing your dog was bitten holds any more grounds for the police than simply saying your dog was bitten.

Yes she could lie and start telling porkies, but then OP could easily lie and have 3 witnesses appear out of no where. Police won’t be touching this one with a barge pole.
subtle brag #fail

Back
Top Bottom