The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Consistency from United but the wrong kind. Consistent mediocrity as we've seen against park the buss teams for years. Only City seem to be good enough to to break down these sorts of teams which number at least have the league. I think it starts at the back and Ole needs to break the Lindelof/Maguire axis. I'm not a fan of either but Lindelof is about as average a footballer as you could find playing in a would be trophy challenging team. Fred and McSauce aren't a progressive enough partnership. One of them has to be benched and I don't take any pleasure in saying that as they both give 100% but neither is creative, McSauce at least can break with the ball and chips in goals but his tackling isn't as good. Fred really is bang average at most things and and less than average at passing and shooting. Further forward Martial is too mercurial for most fans. Rashford more consistent but and at least has learned to cross the ball. Then we've got DvdB another enigma who seems unable to realise that United don't play anything like Ajax did or City do. United will flatter this season but at the heart of it the style of play is basically, counter if allowed and if not give it Bruno. It will take you so far but not to a title or a Champions League final. Ole needs not only to show progress in results but in style of play and a credible plan B.

Soldato
Another 0-0 against a top 4 rival. Solskjaer will claim this is progression but it's not enough progression. United didn't look in much trouble yesterday and in truth I felt Chelsea were equally unambitious but the football is quite turgid most of the time. Some injuries to contend with so perhaps a point is not a bad result but we should expect a bit better.

Caporegime
Why are we constantly linked to Ealing for 70m when we could have gotten him for 20m last year?

Why do.we persist with Greenwood when it is clear his form has dipped so much he literally couldn't buy a good performance at the moment. He's like a void on the pitch.

Sadly time to sell Martial too, his work ethics leaves too much to be desired:(

Caporegime
Why are we constantly linked to Ealing for 70m when we could have gotten him for 20m last year?

Why do.we persist with Greenwood when it is clear his form has dipped so much he literally couldn't buy a good performance at the moment. He's like a void on the pitch.

Sadly time to sell Martial too, his work ethics leaves too much to be desired:(

We are having no linkup play with the midfield. That is why the forwards are doing bad. Just need Mcsauce to get a bit of form going after his injury. Also dare I say it but we are missing Pogba too.

We really need a CDM and CB in the summer because playing McFred whilst solid is stunting our attacking play.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The main thing that has changed is that Fernandes isn't playing as well as he was. He passes are going more astray than before and we are very reliant on him for chance creation.

Of course it doesn't help that Martial is a chocolate teapot and Rashford isn't firing at the moment. Need to get Cavani back and give Greenwood more minutes instead of flogging the dead horse that is Martial.

Soldato
The main thing that has changed is that Fernandes isn't playing as well as he was. He passes are going more astray than before and we are very reliant on him for chance creation.

Of course it doesn't help that Martial is a chocolate teapot and Rashford isn't firing at the moment. Need to get Cavani back and give Greenwood more minutes instead of flogging the dead horse that is Martial.
Whilst I don't disagree thats not a term that really we should be using particularly when referring to a black player.
I do feel that Ole is caught a bit in between at present. The team aren't good enough to outplay or outwork their rivals but he daren't risk surrendering CL for 2021/22 for the sake of a more expansive way of playing. If he gets top four then he's probably safe for a contract extension but without a CB like Varane, a decent CDM (not Fred) and a replacement for Pogba then I can't see it improving. Lets not be churlish - we are second, still in two cups but it's a weird season and most of the time we are crap to watch.

Soldato

Yeah no need for that... the mods should take it down.

Soldato
What on earth has a chocolate teapot go to do with black people and why shouldn't we be using it? Seriously wtf is the world coming to. A chocolate teapot would melt, thus useless at what it was supposed to be doing. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Dear lord have some common sense. He is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin and the fact that you think that is offensive is quite frankly a sad reflection of the current thinking we have to do with race. Its a very common saying with absolutely no racial connotations or undertones. It has never ever been used as a means to insult any person with dark skin or make reference to the colour of their skin. Has the world genuinely gone mad??

Soldato
@fez As someone who leans left I am absolutely baffled by that comment. I saw it earlier today and the only thing i was going to comment was something along the lines of "I told you so".

What a bizarre take.

Soldato
Lets get back on topic.

Ive been saying this for years but when the likes of Lingard are getting a game im not entirely sure what United fans expect. Some are ridiculously deluded when it comes to the likes of him, Martial and Rashford thinking they are anywhere near close to a world class level...they arent. Lukaku doesnt seem to put a shift in either, cant remember when i last saw him have a really good game. Listen to United We Stand (the podcast, not that man child) and they have it right when it comes to United (when you listen past all the jokes like).

Jose wont rebuild United, he wasn't going to 3 years ago and he sure as hell wont now. Zidane doesn't have a track record of doing it either...I can see Conte coming in.

2018. I told you so ;)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lets get back on topic.
2018. I told you so ;)

You are correct on all those players. If a big offer came in for Rashford I would take it in a heartbeat. I think hes already on a massive salary and its only going to go in one direction. Thats a result of having far too few quality players to compete with him though. If we got offered £40m for Martial I would happily take it.

Everyone is fawning over Lingard again suddenly since he started actually playing regularly. Hes still the player he always was. Decent enough but not top class and blows hot and cold too often.

I doubt he would come to United but I would break the bank to get Haaland and get rid of Martial and Pogba at a minimum this summer. Bring in a top class CB and then look at sorting out RW and midfield the year after. No idea whos going to have what money to spend in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom