The nervous wait to exchange....

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I also don't get it.

If it's a massive garden it doesn't matter. But the average garden it does. It's not important to everyone I guess. But if you want a garden, I don't know how it isn't!
I had to make this choice recently. And garden size and aspect were the two things I was most likely to compromise on if the house was right. It's the difference between being able to move in in June, or potentially waiting another two years. That's an easy choice. It'll still get plenty enough sun despite being NNE, facing in my opinion.

Soldato
Yeah my new house the garden is north facing and I'm not too bothered. I suppose its balanced out by a garden around 40m long so it doesn't really matter/I can place chairs etc at the far end if i wanted :D

Caporegime
I couldn't do it. Working during the day means morning sun is of no value. There's a lovely house opposite but it's garden faces north east! Must be im Shade all afternoon and evening

Ours is North East, and has Sun at the end of the garden currently due to the way it sits and we have a drive on the side of the house.

Tbh it's our first house, so we're glad to just have a home.

Man of Honour
Screenshot-2021-03-03-at-11-52-33.png

This is the new house (well, SSTC so could have course fall through), public space at the front so nice to be able to open the front door and not see two coach houses and a row of cars. There are various plants/bushes/small trees planted along the fence now so it shouldn't be so overlooked moving forward, it's 100x better than the current house that's for sure!

Shared drive with next door, but meh, still room for 3 cars plus 1 in the garage. I can also pave the other half of the front of the house but I'd prefer keeping it as it is as I like a bit of green.

223286-30437370-IMG-00-0000.jpg

For reference, my current house is circled in red, well bottom right of the circle. It's literally 30 seconds walk away. I've been here over 6 years so it's safe to say I know the area well. :D

Screenshot-2021-03-03-at-12-00-18.png

Last edited:
Associate
This is the new house (well, SSTC so could have course fall through), public space at the front so nice to be able to open the front door and not see two coach houses and a row of cars. There are various plants/bushes/small trees planted along the fence now so it shouldn't be so overlooked moving forward, it's 100x better than the current house that's for sure!

Shared drive with next door, but meh, still room for 3 cars plus 1 in the garage. I can also pave the other half of the front of the house but I'd prefer keeping it as it is as I like a bit of green.

For reference, my current house is circled in red, well bottom right of the circle. It's literally 30 seconds walk away. I've been here over 6 years so it's safe to say I know the area well. :D

Could you get away with a hand drawn trailer to move your stuff? :p

Associate
We've been officially moved into new place a week now. As with all old houses there are some quirks to get used to but one thing I am keen to address is to get the boiler replaced. The current one is over 15 years old, whistles loudly when starting central heating and I'm sure is woefully inefficient. We did use it as one of the bargaining tools when we made our below asking offer for the house though.
I expect we could get away with using it a while longer but I think I'd rather get it replaced before it breaks.

Man of Honour
Could you get away with a hand drawn trailer to move your stuff? :p
If it wasn’t for the fact both my mrs and I suffer with sciatica I would do the move myself. It’s too much of a risk to our health for the sake of a grand or whatever it costs to get someone to do it for us.

Man of Honour
Nice, cheaper than mine but much bigger lol
Means nothing really, it’s all area dependant. We are in Gloucester. We really want to live in Cheltenham but for the sort of house in an equally nice area would cost nearer £550k possibly more. We could afford it but we won’t be able to have as nice a lifestyle.

Associate
Just had an email saying my mortgage has been declined. Was fairly surprised as it's (IMO) well within affordability and the deposit is more than enough.

Called up to question and they had calculated me at a 96% LTV somehow even though the deposit and loan figures were correct. Half hour phone call later and that seems to be sorted. One hurdle out of the way I guess.

Caporegime
Just had an email saying my mortgage has been declined. Was fairly surprised as it's (IMO) well within affordability and the deposit is more than enough.

Called up to question and they had calculated me at a 96% LTV somehow even though the deposit and loan figures were correct. Half hour phone call later and that seems to be sorted. One hurdle out of the way I guess.

Wow, that's annoying. Glad you took it on the chin and phoned up!

I'm currently (what it feels like anyway) being ignored by our site manager, which is great.

Back
Top Bottom