Suggest me a 38" ultrawide IPS G Sync

Soldato
I'm struggling to find a decent 38" ultrawide that suits my requirements

144hz
IPS
low latency and response
G sync module (not compatible, looking for module)
Decent contrast ratio
38" ultrawide

No budget.

Soldato
I was looking at that, but it seems the response time is not that great: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/alienware-aw3821dw

From the very site you linked to:

The Dell AW3821DW is great for gaming. It has a high 144Hz refresh rate with native G-SYNC support. It has a very quick response time that results in smooth motion, and the input lag is incredibly low. Sadly, it's not good for dark room gaming due to its mediocre black uniformity and low contrast ratio that makes blacks appear gray.

Excellent response time.

:p

Soldato
I was in exactly the same position. If you have the room the CX48 OLED was my choice. You can run it in widescreen res, gsync and 120hz. Not saying it's any better for your use case but it worked for me. Cheaper too, although admitedly not by a great deal!

HTH

Soldato
OP
I decided to go with the AW3821DW. I'm no longer trusting rtings reviews, their data is off it seems. It should be here tomorrow! Upgrading from a LG 34GN850-B. Nice little upgrade which might help stretch the 3090's legs a little more.

Associate
Just put in an order for a AW3821DW too. Amex offer with £100 back from Dell. Only downside is they're quote early April delivery!

Associate
Thanks for the heads up on this display.

Saw this review and whilst I would love the higher refresh given by either Acer or LG on their variants, the Dell servicing policy is significantly better by all accounts.

Found a coupon (15% off) + an Amex offer (£100 off) which basically has netted this display down to 1K which is absolutely incredible, especially as it has full G-SYNC support.

Caporegime
Just put in an order for a AW3821DW too. Amex offer with £100 back from Dell. Only downside is they're quote early April delivery!

i Wouldnt worry too much. Their delivery system and emails seem messed up,. I got an email from them telling me my monitor had been dispatched the day after I received it.

Associate

My own experience (Noted in the Alienware thread) - So, I ordered the AW3821DW yesterday (10th Feb), and Dell gave me an estimated delivery of 1st March. This morning, I was told it would arrive tomorrow, and it was eventually delivered earlier this afternoon! Amazing service from them.

They don't seem to update the delivery stages, you just get a lovely surprise knock, and a HUGE box. It's a fantastic monitor.

Associate
I just ordered the same screen yesterday. Didn’t get the Amex cash back but I did have an 18% voucher.

I’m upgrading from a Predator X34a. Has anyone done the same? It’s a bit of an impulse buy for me and wondering if it’s a waste of money. (Probably is!)
The HDR sold it for me :)

Associate
I just ordered the same screen yesterday. Didn’t get the Amex cash back but I did have an 18% voucher.

I’m upgrading from a Predator X34a. Has anyone done the same? It’s a bit of an impulse buy for me and wondering if it’s a waste of money. (Probably is!)
The HDR sold it for me :)

I tried a supposed 18%, but it actually worked out at 8% so the 15% voucher I did have worked out better.

My final total was 1104.98, then a further 100 GBP off via the Amex deal on at the moment.

Associate
Ahh what... do you know I never actually ran the math. Do you mind sharing the 15% code?

I have an email address that allows access to the Dell student deals at the moment. That gave 15%. Those codes are a one off so whilst I can give it to you, the code has now been used. :)

If you have something similar, it’s worth a try.

Associate
I have an email address that allows access to the Dell student deals at the moment. That gave 15%. Those codes are a one off so whilst I can give it to you, the code has now been used. :)

If you have something similar, it’s worth a try.

I have access to student codes also through Unidays but none of the codes seem to work on this particular model.

Back
Top Bottom