Aliens Fireteam

Soldato
I hope you are right, I wish I could be so positive about it like you are but as I say they are things which are setting off alarm bells in my mind, not everyone has those alarm bells of course and sometimes mine dont function properly and I dont see the alarms before I whack out my money (I'm looking at you Cyberpunk :) )
I'm just feeling fairly positive about what I've seen in the video. We all know only too well that what we see and what we end up getting aren't always the same thing though, so we'll just have to see what happens :) I'll reserve my negativity until I see something that warrants it.

IF they have the basic gameplay done well enough, then it ought to be a fun time for what it is.

ED: Ok, found something I don't like... It's only 3 player co-op. Would've liked at least 4.

Last edited:
Soldato
You won't ever get a good Aliens game.
The 1986 film basically served as the inspiration for so many other games, that there's nothing left for an actual Aliens™ game to bring to the table any more.
The best they can manage is reiterations of the original story, with a ton of fan service references and almost-accurate renderings of the famed USCM kit and weaponry... though it seems no-one can resist adding their own spins or touches to the stuff, resulting in the usual lukewarm receptions from the fans.

Other people have bought it up but Alien Isolation is a brilliant game.

A dark room, with headphones, makes it, also, one of the most atmospheric games. It was also given away on Epic as well which is crazy!

M.

Soldato
Alien Isolation was unbelievably good. My personal favourite game of the past decade (together with Sekiro and other Myiazaki masterpieces). Not only did it capture the style, the atmosphere, but the actual gameplay mechanics were so fresh and original and yet so true to the film. Incredible, incredible game- but it also set the bar so high that is almost impossible to follow.

Soldato
Isolation is unforgettable in VR, just bring some spare pants!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The co-op survival template is a great fit for the franchise....definitely has potential.

Soldato
True but it is the same 'World'. Aliens is my favourite film of the series and to have a decent action game would be great - I think a co-op game could work well.

I still stick by Alien Isolation is the best Alien series game at the moment.

M.

Soldato
Isnt this the one thats been in production for years. I`m sure I've read about this one before. There was theory it was going to be released at the same time as the Aliens 4k bluray but because James Cameron is taking so long making Avatar 2,3,4 we probably wont see Aliens 4k for another 10 years so they may have decided just to go ahead with it.

Lets hope its not a case of.....That could have gone......better.

Associate
Not getting any hopes up but I do want this to be good. I just hope they can capture the threat of what the Xenomorph should be and not reduce it to waves of cannon fodder (which it seems like it might be). I think the only games that have captured that feeling were Alien Isolation, run/hide/delay it as you have no chance to fight against it, and the first AvP where although they were pretty easy to kill, you couldn't let them anywhere near you as just one could shred your health down or near kill you from the acid eruption on death.

Associate
Hmmmm, 4 player co-op Alien shooter. Isn't this what that game that must not be named was?
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Soldato
Isnt this the one thats been in production for years. I`m sure I've read about this one before. There was theory it was going to be released at the same time as the Aliens 4k bluray but because James Cameron is taking so long making Avatar 2,3,4 we probably wont see Aliens 4k for another 10 years so they may have decided just to go ahead with it.

Lets hope its not a case of.....That could have gone......better.
First I heard about it was 2018. They've done well to keep a lid on it. But then, maybe nobody cared enough to dig for info! :D

Associate
Lets be honest Aliens Colonial Marines on release for PC was an absolute mess. Single player campaign looked and played terrible and the multiplayer wasnt a great deal better. TBF Gearbox did patch the title and from memory the first big patch introduced bug hunt to multiplayer which I wasted hours on online.

Fingers crossed Aliens Fireteam doesnt land in the same state and provides more than a bit of fun for you and your pals in co-op.....

Last edited:
Soldato
True but it is the same 'World'.
So were AlienCubed, Alien Res, and AVP 1 and 2, but that dun't mean any o' them were any good, either...!! :p

Aliens is my favourite film of the series and to have a decent action game would be great
And that's why you won't get one.
Aliens is not an action film. Heck, no-one even opens fire until about an hour into the film, and then only by accident. Much of the film is setting the scene and creating the atmosphere of tension.
If you wanted to replicate that you'd need 2/3rds Isolation, and 1/3rd of something between A:CM and AVP... along with a kick-ass scriptwriter and some top notch voice casting.

Soldato
Damn that looks like a decent game even if its just another mindless coop shooter! All it really needs to do is be immersive, keep you on your toes and keep you moving about or hold defensive lines. Be even better with VR support!

Associate
Damn that looks like a decent game even if its just another mindless coop shooter! All it really needs to do is be immersive, keep you on your toes and keep you moving about or hold defensive lines. Be even better with VR support!
Yeah if it keeps you moving, defending certain spots but quite often having to look behind you only to see a new horde of Aliens it will be pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom