Dell replacement battery

Associate
My parents' laptop has finally decided that the battery is no good - it barely lasts an hour now. Last night it decided to go from 33% to 0 in less than a minute, causing the system to shut dow.

I've had a look at a few places for replacement batteries. Does anyone here have experience of getting a decent replacement? I'm not looking for a Dell OEM as the laptop is 3.5 yearsd old. There are a lot of replacements around, it's just that I'm not sure which are firebombs/must be avoided at all cost.

For reference, the Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 5567.

Any advice much appreciated!

Associate
For the sake of £18 (3rd party £35 vs OEM £53) i'd personally stick with a genuine part. That said i've used 3rd party batteries in mobiles and tablets without issue so far.

Associate
OP
Thanks for replying. This is going to seem a really dumb question, but do you have any idea where I could get the genuine Dell OEM replacement from. I've already checked the Dell website and it's no longer sold there.

Associate
OP
Yup, just been browsing the bay and the forest. Amongst the plethora of 3rd party ones are some genuine OEM ones. Dug out the service manual and spec sheet and WDX0R is the right part/model number for this battery. We had an aftermarket for the previous laptop and yes it was utter garbage.

Back
Top Bottom