• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So I gave in waiting and trying other retailers and I clicked buy on amazon...due for delivery tomorrow.

Surely lightening cannot strike twice.

From what I am reading and seeing Amazon are using Amazon Logistics for all high value items now so hopefully you won't get some scrub nicking your console again. Fingers crossed you get one!

Soldato
Soldato
Only real drive I can see being a safe bet would be 980 Pro, hopefully Sony just allows any Gen3 or 4 drive to work tho and just says if you use a Gen3 or slower Gen4 you won't get same experience as internal drive

No, that isn't how this is going to work. It's not about "enjoying the experience of the internal drive".
How fast the PS5 can get data from SSD storage into RAM is a known specification and games designers will be designing games to utilise this - take the new Ratchet & Clank game for example.
If Sony allowed "any old SSD" to be installed and the game was no longer playable, the complaints would be massive. It simply is not going to happen.

The only drives that will be allowed will be those, that when combined with the PS5's custom controller, offer the same of better performance that the built-in solution.
At the moment there are about 3-4 drives on the market that, on paper, will be compatible.
But these are still subject to testing - all it would take, for example, is for one of the drives when 95% full for the sustained transfer rate to drop below the current SSD solutions rates and they wont certify it.

If you're planning on buying a drive now - don't. It can only offer disappointment, no guarantee that it will be compatible and the price of SSDs only ever go in one direction, down.
If you're holding out that you'll be able to use anything but Gen4 and then only the fastest Gen4 drives, then unfortunately there will only be additional disappointment.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I’ve got a bad feeling about this....

ive just checked my amazon delivery also this morning getting the same

Unfortunately, your delivery is running behind schedule. We're working to make sure the delay doesn’t affect your final delivery time. Your package may still arrive today.

also under the tracking it says
Delay in delivery due to external factors
Worcester, GB

but did u get a email update late yesterday evening saying this?

Dispatched: A one-time password is required for this Amazon delivery

Wednesday, March 3

On the day of delivery, we will email you a one-time password to read to the driver for delivery. Learn more

never had anything like that from amazon just wondering if its a new secuirty measure to combat there badly paid drivers to stop stealing them

Caporegime

Unfortunately, your delivery is running behind schedule. We're working to make sure the delay doesn’t affect your final delivery time. Your package may still arrive today.

Worcester, GB

Wednesday, March 3

On the day of delivery, we will email you a one-time password to read to the driver for delivery. Learn more

never had anything like that from amazon just wondering if its a new secuirty measure to combat there badly paid drivers to stop stealing them

Yes I had an email about the delivery requiring a OTP as well.

My depot is Banbury again, so I wonder what going on there.

Associate
Arg0s was bizarre yesterday, i was late to the party at 5.30am, got to put a PS5 in the basket but kept just saying OOS, so left it. Then around 7.30am some guy on twitter said just keep hitting change address and accepting your existing and eventually you will get offered a store or delivery. Nothing to loose, did this for around 15 minutes and eventually got offered delivery, went through paid, got a same day slot, it arrived last night, finally !!!.

Caporegime

Worcester, GB

Wednesday, March 3

Don't worry, it will still arrive today.

And it's updated, out for delivery.....

Back
Top Bottom