• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6500XT / 6600XT / 6700XT

Soldato
I'd imagine the 20%+ over the 5700 XT is plausible. IMO the RX 6700 XT is going to slot right into the RX 5700 XT's original price slot of $399 making it a direct competitor to the RTX 3060 Ti. And all of this will be totally relevant for around 2 minutes after the product is launched if you look at every etailer simultaneously to find the right one, after which it will cost £600 min. :p

Associate
two minutes?

that sounds optimistic - i was there on four sites at 17:00 looking to see if i could pickup a 3060.
only appeared on one site, and i couldn't click on any of the links quick enough before the red banner of doom would say "sorry, out of stock".

about 5 seconds! do we think RX 6700 XT will be better?

Associate
two minutes?

that sounds optimistic - i was there on four sites at 17:00 looking to see if i could pickup a 3060.
only appeared on one site, and i couldn't click on any of the links quick enough before the red banner of doom would say "sorry, out of stock".

about 5 seconds! do we think RX 6700 XT will be better?
I’ve read somewhere that they are predicting the 6700 will launch with very limited stock only ...... less than the 3060. It’ll be a the launch with high demand and no stock.

Soldato
Rumours are coming out that the 6700 XT will come with a whopping $479 MSRP making it substantially more expensive than the 3060 Ti. That thing's got some big boots to fill for what is effectively an overclocked 5700 XT with a smaller memory bus, especially considering it'll probably lose out to the RTX 3060 in games with raytracing. If true I guess AMD's decided to cash in seeing as the market seems to absorb whatever stock is out there no matter the price at the moment.

Associate
OP
Rumours are coming out that the 6700 XT will come with a whopping $479 MSRP making it substantially more expensive than the 3060 Ti. That thing's got some big boots to fill for what is effectively an overclocked 5700 XT with a smaller memory bus, especially considering it'll probably lose out to the RTX 3060 in games with raytracing. If true I guess AMD's decided to cash in seeing as the market seems to absorb whatever stock is out there no matter the price at the moment.

Even if AMD have increased MSRP , it in a sense limits the price dodgy distributors can increase it to before it makes the 6800 more compelling for someone to buy. If AMD make more money, they can invest more in R&D to make things better long term, id rather them pocket it than scalpers. If they said $349-399 MSRP and by time consumers got hands on it in the UK its £500 then they get slated again just like what happened with the 6800/6900 so they cannot win either way you look at it.

Associate
Even if AMD have increased MSRP , it in a sense limits the price dodgy distributors can increase it to before it makes the 6800 more compelling for someone to buy. If AMD make more money, they can invest more in R&D to make things better long term, id rather them pocket it than scalpers. If they said $349-399 MSRP and by time consumers got hands on it in the UK its £500 then they get slated again just like what happened with the 6800/6900 so they cannot win either way you look at it.

:D:D:D

this did make me chuckle.

The only people that are going to be pocketing extra cash is the board of directors, Lisa Su, TMCS and big shareholders.

Soldato
I'll be interested to see what is announced later today, as the 6700XT should be a worthwile upgrade from my current mid range card that is now 4 years old! However, I am very nervous about price. In my mind in normal conditions the 6700XT should be a max of £299.

Back
Top Bottom