• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX6700XT announcement event

Associate
Might have to try and get one of these as stock of the 6800 series already seems impossible.

I can't help but feel that by the time stock levels are returning to normal AMD will cancel the reference models and i'll be priced out of the market.

Caporegime
They have some brass balls "launching" these when they can't get stock of anything else in supply, all this is gonna be is yet another paper launch that will lead to people getting ****** off. Same goes for nvidia, though they seem better at getting stock available to some degree.

Associate
Might have to try and get one of these as stock of the 6800 series already seems impossible.

I can't help but feel that by the time stock levels are returning to normal AMD will cancel the reference models and i'll be priced out of the market.

yeap, especially if its a decent miner. It will be doomed never to be seen in a gaming rig.
6700xt will be lucky to beat 2080s.

Associate
yeap, especially if its a decent miner. It will be doomed never to be seen in a gaming rig.
6700xt will be lucky to beat 2080s.

2080Super sounds about expected, from what I saw we're talking 5700XT+25% which is... dissappointing.

But I need a GPU, I fear my R9 390 is dying, and my last few experiences with Nvidia cards (GTX970 and 1080Ti that I should NOT have sold....thank you captain hindsight) left me wanting another Radeon.

Zom

Zom

Associate
When do you guys think they will go on sale? (Not that we'll be able to get any of course)

Caporegime
When do you guys think they will go on sale? (Not that we'll be able to get any of course)

Probably later in the month or early next month. Realistically they could launch them right as the stream ends, makes no difference as there will be more plentiful supplies of unicorn ****.

Soldato
OP
They have some brass balls "launching" these when they can't get stock of anything else in supply, all this is gonna be is yet another paper launch that will lead to people getting ****** off. Same goes for nvidia, though they seem better at getting stock available to some degree.

Priced is rumoured to be at least $480,so that is over £400 at least in the UK! :(

Caporegime
Priced is rumoured to be at least $480,so that is over £400 at least in the UK! :(

If the current crop of farcical prices is to be adhered to these will be priced at a minimum of the 6800 (non xt) pricing, everything is jumping up a tier or 2 so 6700 at 6800 prices and then some. Just look at 6900xt, it costs more in some instances than the FE 3090.

Caporegime
Gotta laugh, more these guys moan the more the prices go up and up and up :D

The point is, why launch a product that will have zero supply? MSRP is only through the amd store and that gets restocked about once a year (for uk buyers at least). Surely it's more important to deliver on the already launched products instead of yet another paper launch which is what AMD have excelled at in the last 6 months.

It's now march and the last time the uk amd store had any gpu's in stock was December.

Caporegime
Yeah they look to be suspended due to the tax changes on Brexit, @LtMatt promised me it'd be sorted soon a few weeks back but nothing yet...

Doesn't seem to have affected nvidia any, not sure why amd are dragging their heels on this. Though it fits well with the thinking that they want to kill off the made by amd cards as they might not be making much if anything on them. All internet waffle i know but if the shoe fits..

Caporegime
Doesn't seem to have affected nvidia any

Besides the fact that none of us know the facts and just spouting off nonsense like morons, Nvidia's supply could be flown direct from China and AMD's are routed through an EU hub which makes things more difficult. Guessing, like all of you with your little rants that are extremely tiresome.

Caporegime
Besides the fact that none of us know the facts and just spouting off nonsense like morons, Nvidia's supply could be flown direct from China and AMD's are routed through an EU hub which makes things more difficult. Guessing, like all of you with your little rants that are extremely tiresome.

Well either way they need to get the finger out, right now all we are seeing is nvidia having stock at their store (for a few minutes it has to be said) and amd having zero for 3 months now.

Back
Top Bottom