The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
So several years ago was sat in Helsingborg with a friend at the hotel wiskey / wine bar after a grueling 6 hours of getting inked.

At that point I told was watching top gear review of the Gallardo, and resolved that within 5 years I was going to buy a lambo. Well shortly after getting back the GTR came along, and 4 years later the first cryptolambo.

Now 2 years later, the dream car has arrived. A rare Giallo Orion Aventador. Funded by this crypto bull run. @illuz :D

What an experience to say the least. I had deposits on 4 cars prior to this one, and all fell through. Either the previous owners too deep in negative equity or problems with the car (1 blew its gearbox, the other had undeclared crash damage a pre purchase inspection found).

But, 3 weeks ago VVS listed an Aventador for sale in Giallo Orion. This color is so rare only 1 other in the last 6 months has been on the market. I rang up, hopped on facetime and agreed to buy the car there and then.

Today, it came home :)

So without further ado... some eye candy.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Stunning! Does it fit in the garage or are you an absolute baller to have it in the open all the time?

It wont fit, yet :) The driveway is next on the purchase list to level it out (legitimately <2cm clearance at the apex) and then may look at making the garage wider. But for now it lives outside :D

Soldato
It wont fit, yet :) The driveway is next on the purchase list to level it out (legitimately <2cm clearance at the apex) and then may look at making the garage wider. But for now it lives outside :D

It is an awesome colour combo, the interior has aged surprisingly well actually. I cannot get over how low the roofline is, the top of the side windows is barely halfway up the windscreen! Must feel like a proper fighter plane inside.

Man of Honour
Wow, that's a lot of car to be sitting on the drive!
Cars like this tend to not get nicked. It tends to be uber saloons etc as not many buyers for a Lambo V12 and most joy riders wouldn't get it to the kerb without writing it off.

Soldato
I was going to ask the same, I would be very uneasy parking some of the cars in this thread on the drive.

Unfortunately most garages just aren't built for modern cars to fit. I can't even get my 4 series BMW in our garage.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Cars like this tend to not get nicked.

Correct, my insurance policy for the gallardo even had a clause in to say I was allowed to not have the tracker monitored as they just arent stolen. Moving a bright yellow lambo on just isnt realistic. Even parting it is neigh on impossible as everything is serial stamped.

Soldato
Amazing looking machine!

Really mundane question but I assume everything under the bonnet is weatherproof since it all seems to be open to the elements through those grilles/gaps in the glass?

Soldato
Correct, my insurance policy for the gallardo even had a clause in to say I was allowed to not have the tracker monitored as they just arent stolen. Moving a bright yellow lambo on just isnt realistic. Even parting it is neigh on impossible as everything is serial stamped.

Fair enough, I was thinking more some jealous toerag coming along & keying it or similar.

Soldato
Its a lovely looking car from the outside... and then you view the interior and its somehow even better.

Congratulations on the purchase, truly lovely.

Back
Top Bottom