FIFA 21

Soldato
Yeah, if you wanted to you can set up 4 (5 including balanced I guess) different custom formations and tactics, then use left and right on the D-pad in-game to change between them. I'd recommend sticking with one for now and finding something that works for you.

I've been playing around with 7 depth as it creates an automatic offside trap sometimes.

If you're going to use 532 in game then start with something like this:

Thanks for this! If I was to get Mbappe and Neymar I'm just wondering where they'd fit in a 532. Should I have them both upfront maybe? With KDB, Kante and Fernandes in midfield?

Caporegime
Thanks for this! If I was to get Mbappe and Neymar I'm just wondering where they'd fit in a 532. Should I have them both upfront maybe? With KDB, Kante and Fernandes in midfield?

Yeah in a 532 those two would have to be strikers with your current players/choices. Take a note of your goal ratio with your current two and compare once you've used them for a few weeks, most people see a massive difference.

Soldato
Yeah in a 532 those two would have to be strikers with your current players/choices. Take a note of your goal ratio with your current two and compare once you've used them for a few weeks, most people see a massive difference.

Thanks, yeah I'm just figuring out now what formation I want to go with in game. I sold VVD, so if I go with 532 I need to figure out who to replace him with. Mendy - Varane - EMPTY - Gomez - Walker. Any suggestions please?

My team would be

Neymar - Mbappe
Fernandes - Kante - De Bruyne
Mendy - Varane - EMPTY - Gomez - Walker
Alisson

Actually, I think I'm going to be struggling here for chem in the 433 setup if I go with the above

Soldato
Okay so this is what I have so far

59C7YiC.png

I don't think I can make a 532 work as I'd need another CB I don't think chem will allow it, so I might have to think of something else

Soldato
This is the best I could do for now

l0nD6CY.png

I don't mind how 442 plays, so I'll see how it is. I would prefer Neymar upfront with Mbappe but I just couldn't figure it out lol

Caporegime
Could always get Walker back and go 352 in game, converting a PL midfielder to a striker, Pogba for example. Werner is pretty dead in that team as his passing isn't good enough for CAM and Neymar and Mbappe are more effective up top. If you need coins you can sell Alisson for Pope if he's tradeable.

Neymar - Mbappe
Yedder
Mendy - Pogba - Kante - Lucas
Varane - Gomez - Walker
Alisson/Pope

Have Mendy on stay back and look at Lucas and Yedder to be the first players you upgrade over the next few weeks.

Soldato
Could always get Walker back and go 352 in game, converting a PL midfielder to a striker, Pogba for example. Werner is pretty dead in that team as his passing isn't good enough for CAM and Neymar and Mbappe are more effective up top. If you need coins you can sell Alisson for Pope if he's tradeable.

Neymar - Mbappe
Yedder
Mendy - Pogba - Kante - Lucas
Varane - Gomez - Walker
Alisson/Pope

Have Mendy on stay back and look at Lucas and Yedder to be the first players you upgrade over the next few weeks.

Thanks for that. Giving it a try now. I feel like I'm getting countered a lot with 352. Overall, not super impressed with Mbappe, I'm possibly not using his correctly at the moment, but he seems heavy on the ball and a bit clumsy. I'll see how he goes :)

Associate
Have you guys got a tactic for when you go say 2 up and the opponent goes constant pressure etc? The amount of times this happens then my players turn to bumbling idiots who can't pass and end up drawing/losing is so frustrating!

Caporegime
I don't switch anything up, you've just got to ride it out and try and get one on the counter. No scoreline seems to be safe this year, I've come back to beat people at 5-0 down and people have done the same to me.

In those games, I could have probably gone ultra sweaty and just passed it around the back but I cba with that. I'd rather just try and score as many as possible.

Associate
Thanks, I think that's my issue, I'll play like normal and just get hit on the counter if I misplace a pass, probably doesn't help having my full backs on balanced but I like to try and make this game a little bit fun as difficult as that may be haha

Soldato
Have you guys got a tactic for when you go say 2 up and the opponent goes constant pressure etc? The amount of times this happens then my players turn to bumbling idiots who can't pass and end up drawing/losing is so frustrating!
I used to have tactic setup so my team played ultra wide on attack to help give more passing options. Debatable if it worked or not

Associate
Cheers, I did try a 4231 with lm & rm on stay wide and get in behind but it was more defensive minded than attacking. I may try and make it more attacking see if that helps as it just made things worse if anything as they sat back too much.

Soldato
Anyone here using 92 Ronaldo? I quickly sold Neymar and Mbappe as they were doing nothing for me, Mbappe felt very slow on the ball and his finishing was very poor, but his play making was good. I feel like he'd do great as a CAM or something

Thinking about building a team around Ronaldo next

Back
Top Bottom