• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Associate
This was available on my MSI B450 motherboard a month or so ago and sounds like 3000 series CPUs work with it as well? Is it available on 2000 series Nvidia GPUs yet? Guessing this will need a bios flash as well.

edit: just saw above post, is it only going to be for 3000 series Nvidia gpus?

3-seriess only atm, they are due by end of March.

I doubt Nvidia will update 2-series GPU with new vbios, but you just never know.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But these are not normal times. Prices are crazy, stock availability is poor and he likes his mining so he will probably have most of it paid for doing that :D

@CAT-THE-FIFTH
Basically the wife seen I was annoyed missing out on the 6800 launch. She raged a couple of years before because I bought a vega for 299.. so I thought thats it go for a PS5. Anyway she handed me her phone about an hour later, it had the 3090FE in the basket. I was amazed it had been in stock for half hour at the time, but more amazed as she was OK with it as I had 'discussed it with her' beforehand. :rolleyes:

I mulled it over for about 2 mins then pressed ahead. Since I received it, when not in use it has been mining so its already paid 40% of itself off.

tenor.gif

Soldato
I was giving him a hard time about it as he was banging on about getting a 6800 XT and he is always going on about price for performance, so it was somewhat surprising (bizarre?) seeing him get a 3090 :p

But these are not normal times. Prices are crazy, stock availability is poor and he likes his mining so he will probably have most of it paid for doing that :D

Should have got an RTX3080 or RTX3060TI for close to RRP! :p

@CAT-THE-FIFTH
Basically the wife seen I was annoyed missing out on the 6800 launch. She raged a couple of years before because I bought a vega for 299.. so I thought thats it go for a PS5. Anyway she handed me her phone about an hour later, it had the 3090FE in the basket. I was amazed it had been in stock for half hour at the time, but more amazed as she was OK with it as I had 'discussed it with her' beforehand. :rolleyes:

I mulled it over for about 2 mins then pressed ahead. Since I received it, when not in use it has been mining so its already paid 40% of itself off.

tenor.gif

All I can say is LOL. Although you could have got hold of an RX6800 for £700~£800. A certain retailer periodically was getting stock of those. Having said that the RTX3060TI could be had for under £450 even the week before Christmas!

Soldato
All I can say is LOL. Although you could have got hold of an RX6800 for £700~£800. A certain retailer periodically was getting stock of those. Having said that the RTX3060TI could be had for under £450 even the week before Christmas!

:D

Dont be silly man! The 6800XT was £599 (if you were one of the 99 that got one on launch day) the most I would part for one would have been £650 the gouging on them has been insane. Anyway 3080FE equally as hard to get so Im not complaining now. Seeing as prices have gone up it seems, I have just enjoyed some games and not spent one moment on the alerts and having to jump on sites to compete with bots for the past three months has been awesome.

Just check the fellas on another thread here:
30xx Series Founders Edition

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I found it easy to get my 3080 FE once I decided to stop waiting for Gibbo and ASUS to deliver. After selling all the codes that came with it, worked out under £600 :D

Soldato
:D

Dont be silly man! The 6800XT was £599 (if you were one of the 99 that got one on launch day) the most I would part for one would have been £650 the gouging on them has been insane. Anyway 3080FE equally as hard to get so Im not complaining now. Seeing as prices have gone up it seems, I have just enjoyed some games and not spent one moment on the alerts and having to jump on sites to compete with bots for the past three months has been awesome.

Just check the fellas on another thread here:
30xx Series Founders Edition

I was thinking more of the end price. The AIB RTX3060TI cards upto about Christmas could be had for £420ish(a mate got one),and I would think £700 for an RX6800 series GPU would be cheaper than £1300!!

Soldato
I was thinking more of the end price. The AIB RTX3060TI cards upto about Christmas could be had for £420ish(a mate got one),and I would think £700 for an RX6800 series GPU would be cheaper than £1300!!

I would have been happy with a 3080FE but near the 6800 launch there was a lull where they didnt drop. Not gonna pass when the wife authorises it, besides its so far only cost me £900 - almost the same price as a 3080/6800XT AIB...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes mate, it seems others are finding it much harder than your trailblazing methods from October/November :p
It would have been impossible without the bot alerting me. Soon as I got the notification I was on within seconds. I was already logged into the website and into Amazon pay, from the time I got the notification to the time I paid was 5-10 seconds :)

Soldato
Yeah its the only way. If you waste seconds doing other things, even people not going the amazon pay (maybe they are trying to get it on BNPL etc) will be delays enough to miss the deal.

If you check one of the threads I linked last night, new 60 drops and the 80 people missed out as you had less than a minute. I think the alerts method is now so well known its not the advantage it was when you used it back in November time.

Soldato
MSI Adds Resizable-BAR Support To Its Entire Intel 300-Series Motherboard Lineup Including Z390, H370, B360, H310 – Z370 BIOS Coming Soon!

https://wccftech.com/msi-adds-resiz...eries-motherboard-lineup-z390-h370-b360-h310/

Back in January 2021 I was disappointed there was no mentioned of Resizable-BAR support for Z370 but until today I found out the news that it will coming to Z370 owners soon probably just in time for VBIOS update for all RTX 3000 series graphics cards.

Soldato
Why not AMD 300 series?
AMD and most motherboard manufacturers completely disowned the 300-series boards after Zen 2 came out, despite the chipsets being identical to the 400-series ones. ASRock actually released a new BIOS for the X370 Taichi a couple of months ago adding Zen 3 support to it, proving that there's zero technical reason that they couldn't all support Zen 3 (which people already basically knew through flashing modified BIOSes to X370 boards and finding Zen 3 worked fine). The choice to abandon the 300-series was purely a business one, so I wouldn't expect any support.

Back
Top Bottom