AMG GT R - Der Tag

Man of Honour
I am sitting here like an excited little boy, which at 53 is a rare feeling these days. My new car is on the trailer and due to arrive around 10am. We live for these days as petrol heads. As I did with my last car I thought I would do an ownership thread and try to keep it up to date when events occur.

Some exterior shots taken from the dealers website.
nFN4njo.jpg
kJ1w7MX.jpg
KamvKYO.jpg
qYQVLh2.jpg
jqv7BaO.jpg
qpYBhPL.jpg
ZmxYLcl.jpg
rwoL4T2.jpg
EoyI4Jn.jpg
willtUb.jpg
8mdXYIP.jpg
WRWMIp2.jpg
qCY1OGh.jpg
SjgtuNs.jpg
okH1ray.jpg

Some interior shots
J3AiavO.jpg
lgOVsSp.jpg
lVvYp6x.jpg
YKYdwqz.jpg
knXKOQg.jpg
Fxz6SPW.jpg
ndjUBqT.jpg
7IgrAxL.jpg
TcfR8TK.jpg
3kBsby4.jpg
ajP2c3T.jpg

The car is a 2 owner car, with the current dealer being the second owner. It has been a dry weather car and is in incredible condition for the videos and vast collection of images I have seen, many of which I have not shared here. I have been watching this particular car for some weeks now and bid them on Friday last week and did the deal. It is heavily optioned up and the only things missing, which I am not bothered about is carbon fibre packs inside and out and that is fine with me as it costs big to replace and I am over carbon fibre trim, which my R8 had all over it,

I will add to this thread as I go but this is the starting point. Now for more coffee, to insure it and then to wait some more for it to arrive....

Man of Honour
OP
Quite a machine.

Is the dealer using it for personal purposes then? :)
The dealer has been exceptional, a proper petrol head with his own track car as well. The car has been sitting under cover since August and has not moved and it was dry use only up to that point, I have many pictures of the underside (a work of art!). I will of course address that lack of use shortly. He was keen to move the car on so he could release funding for other cars, they are a small new partnership and have been an absolute pleasure to deal with and I would heartily recommend them.

Soldato
That is gorgeous. I've never in my life been a merc fan other than this particular car which is simply stunning design and hits all my check boxes. Very very very nice purchase mate and really chuffed for you. Looks amazing condition, beautiful and I don't use them words often with cars and never for a Merc! That front end and the side profile of these things are stunning!:cool::cool::cool:

Man of Honour
OP
That is gorgeous. I've never in my life been a merc fan other than this particular car which is simply stunning design and hits all my check boxes. Very very very nice purchase mate and really chuffed for you. Looks amazing condition, beautiful and I don't use them words often with cars and never for a Merc! That front end and the side profile of these things are stunning!:cool::cool::cool:
Thanks.

Even though I already have a Mercedes E Class for daily duties, I have never really been a Mercedes kind of guy. I never expected to buy one of these, thinking it was likely McLaren or Porsche to replace my R8 but then I borrowed one and all that changed. It isn't as 'feelsome' as a GT3 or McLaren but I need to appreciate I am 53 years old now. My use profile is long trips to Europe with friends for some Ring/Spa laps, posing and making some noise, running top speed on autobahns and back home. I want different things from a car and this felt special and mad fast and a me sort of car. So I watched the market, found a car, kept my eye on it and pushed the button.

Time will tell if I made the right call.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Such a stunning car, congratulations.

not sure I’d be able to stop looking out the window looking for the lorry to turn up.

Back
Top Bottom