Pressure washer

Soldato
I've heard stories of Karcher owners going through their devices quite often. I think its the lowest end models like the K2 as the motor as not water powered in the K4s and above I believe.
My K4 lasted years before I got my Kranzle for car washing.

I just think its general maintenance which people need do after using their pressure washer, disconnect the water hose, pressure out any remaining water and air till the gun drips water and store away. I think people leave too much water in the machine itself which can clog up with limescale and hard water. I think with general good maintaining you can use the pressure for quite a long time. Also don't use it once and leave it sitting for 6 months before getting it out again. I personally think thats bad practise and waiting for hardware to break.

It's not that complicated sadly. The cheaper ones have plastic parts which crack and leak which cause the pressure valve to open which causes the motor to hunt on and off and eventually fail completely. It's a simple fix if you're prepared to source the relevant part but most people just ditch the washer (and for some reason I personally don't understand) buy another yellow pressure washer. Kärcher make perfectly good pressure washers once you get to a certain price point, and I'd argue that at that price point anyone who knows anything about pressure washers is buying Kränzle and then sourcing the individual fittings from Suttner, QJS etc.

Soldato
It's not that complicated sadly. The cheaper ones have plastic parts which crack and leak which cause the pressure valve to open which causes the motor to hunt on and off and eventually fail completely. It's a simple fix if you're prepared to source the relevant part but most people just ditch the washer (and for some reason I personally don't understand) buy another yellow pressure washer. Kärcher make perfectly good pressure washers once you get to a certain price point, and I'd argue that at that price point anyone who knows anything about pressure washers is buying Kränzle and then sourcing the individual fittings from Suttner, QJS etc.

Everyone has their uses for a PW, if its for the weekend worrier to cashes their car once a month or hose down the push bike. My reason for a high end pw is due to the use I need it. My neighbours ask me to wash their cars almost every weekend as they've seen how long I can spend on mine. So justifying to use on that is a worthy investment.

Soldato
Nilfisk every time for me, had previous one for 7 years before the hose broke. it'd been through the wars so just grabbed a new one with a longer hose which has been faultless for the past 3 years.

Soldato
When I last looked one of the things that swung it for me is the fan cooled nilfisks means you can easily drain then by simply letting them empty themselves with no water. Not something you can do with some others that are water cooled.

Ended up with the Nilfisk P150, but also got a 20m ultra flexible hose for it.

Soldato
Im also looking for a pessure washer, mostly for snow foam and some patio cleaning.
Is the Nilfisk 135 overkill for my needs or worth the extra over the lesser models?

Soldato
I'm also in the market for a new PW

I know in my budget (£120 max) the Nilfisk is highly recommended on here but just wanted your thoughts on the Spear & Jackson Pressure Washer - 1800W from Argos please?

Otherwise I think the Nilfisk Titan 120 Pressure Washer - 1400W is best for my budget (patio cleaner and reliability are the important criteria)

Last edited:
Soldato

I know in my budget (£120 max) the Nilfisk is highly recommended on here but just wanted your thoughts on the Spear & Jackson Pressure Washer - 1800W from Argos please?

Otherwise I think the Nilfisk Titan 120 Pressure Washer - 1400W is best for my budget (patio cleaner and reliability are the important criteria)

Personally i would stick with Nilfisk, i had the C110 before and thats still running strong in my parents home. Couldn't say the same about the Karcher before though :D

Soldato

What's turning you on to the Spear and Jackson over the Nilfisk? The flow rate is 330l/hr. The Nilfisk is 440l/hr. That's a massive difference. Literally a third more flow. Ignore the claimed pressure figures, the only time pressure is important is if you want to blast dirt a long way.

Using a pressure washer is like playing snooker with dirt. It bounces the dirt off whatever you are cleaning at a 90-degree angle. The more pressure you apply, the further away it throws the dirt. The flow rate is like much more important both for cleaning and making foam precisely. The patio cleaner will turn with a third more force using the Nilfisk than with the Spear and Jackson. I'm not saying the Spear and Jackson won't be good, just that for basically the same money I'd take any of the Nilfisks over anything else on Argos' website.

Soldato
I think it's the higher wattage on the Spear and Jackson - not sure if that's important?

But if flow rate is the deciding factor and that Nilfisk use metal in the pump for reliability then I think for me the Nilfisk Titan 120 is the best option.

Thanks for your inputs :)

Back
Top Bottom