• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

will a gt 1030 work well with the q6600 in train simulator 2021?

Soldato
so the dell xps 420 as per sig is in my possession which i am using over anything else, mainly for train simulator 2021 as far as any games goes, but it is a little slow even on high settings @ 1366x768, so while im looking for a new psu for better longevity i thought i would look at a new gpu too, but with the age and case limitations not to mention current pricing i wont be looking at anything too powerful. the 1030 is a lot of money and does so so in games, but to me might be more acceptable than a card that wont perform properly because of its more gaming potential.

Soldato
OP
Well... considerably better than a 1030 is a simple 750 Ti, and you may grab a cheap one on Ebay. It will be waaaaaay faster than your GT 610 :).

thanks for reply.

well i have been looking for a 750ti as i used to like those, but kept reading it be borderline with bottlenecking however ive only played train sims on console, so dont know what to expect from the pc versions and i suppose with the age of the computer its not going to be hit n miss either way.

will just have to hope to grab a bargain on the bay ha.

Associate
You also need to consider that a Q6600 is a CPU from 2007. Back in those days, the best card would be a 8800 Ultra. If you go way above the 750Ti (that is way faster than the 8800) the CPU will be the bottlenecked in many games, although I don't know if that would be the case in Train Simulator :).

Man of Honour
That gpu will be hopeless with TS2021 and the cpu will be holding things back too. I have over 1500 hours in TS2021 all the way back to when it first launched as Railworks. Back then you could pretty much run it on anything but the game engine has been improved and upgraded to 64bit over time and now requires a pretty beefy pc if you want to run with the details turned up. I have pretty much every UK route, both freeware and payware along with most UK rolling stock and even my pc (specs in siggy) can be brought to it's knees in several routes with framerates below 20fps in certain built up areas at 2560x1440 with settings all turned up. Let's face it, this is not the type of game to turn details down on. Having high settings makes the game more immersive and turn your settings below a certain level and things will not show in the game. CPU speed is more beneficial than number of cores so your Q6600 is hopelessly lagging behind and is actually below the minimum specs for the game. As for gpu the more powerful the better and vram is important too. I have seen over 6Gb Vram use on some maps while playing in 64 bit mode. The minimum recommended GPU is a 750ti although I wouldn't want to play the game with something that low. The recommended is a GTX 970 or RX480 but like I said more is better. If you are serious about the game don't mess around with low end or old cards as it won't do the game justice. I know that's easier said than done at the moment but surely this lack of any stock can't go on for ever. Give the game the pc that it deserves and it looks great and plays great. Having the game on a SSD or even better a NVME drive and it can smooth the game out nicely as well.

Back
Top Bottom