o11 dynamic xl vs p600s vs Corsair 5000x

Associate
Hi All,

Looking at these cases as part of my next build, extra fans are not an issue.

Have a 5900x and a MSI Suprim x 3080 with a z73 (looking to water cool in the future).

Looking for silenced focused which is where the water cooling would come into play.

Any one have any thoughts or had hands on experience with these cases especially the 5000x as its quite new?

Soldato
I have the dynamic xl and it's been great apart from some very annoying rattling of the top panel. I have 9 fans installed (3 for the top mounted AIO rad) and 4 HDDs which don't help. I stuck some double sided foam tape at strategic points to stop it. Plenty of space and mounting points inside for custom loops though and it looks fantastic with the smoked glass panels. It was easy to route all the cables behind the mobo tray, but then it is a wide case.

Associate
I have the dynamic xl and it's been great apart from some very annoying rattling of the top panel. I have 9 fans installed (3 for the top mounted AIO rad) and 4 HDDs which don't help. I stuck some double sided foam tape at strategic points to stop it. Plenty of space and mounting points inside for custom loops though and it looks fantastic with the smoked glass panels. It was easy to route all the cables behind the mobo tray, but then it is a wide case.
Mine the rattlig was from the side glass panel. One of the screws wasn't screwed as much as it should, allowing some movement. But true, the top panel can vibrate too.

Associate
Something anymore thinking of buying a O11 series case should consider is that no side of it can be flat against a surface.
The PSU intake is in what I would consider the rear panel (as glass side panels should face the room to be more visible) but has historically been seen as the side panel.
So even if you don't set it up with a rear (historically side) intake, it still needs to be spaced away from the wall.
So not only is it a large case anyway but it's a bit of diva and needs an exclusion zone around it less you obstruct the airflow or aesthetics.
Seems pretty darn impractical because of that IMHO.
Would have been better to have the PSU intake from the Left and exhaust out the top although admittedly that does require the case to be a fair bit deeper.

Associate
The Phanteks P600s is great case, decent room for future watercooling and handy things like the removable top fan/radiator plate.

It fits the Phantek D140 distro plate in the rear slot and you can vertically mount Gpus out of the box or buy the aftermarket Pcie conversion kit to leave more space between card and side glass.

I had the white version (now my sons rig) and it's really smart looking.

Back
Top Bottom