The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Soldato
Having been on forum for years it’s great how over the years the cars have changed from members and it’s something I like to see been a petrol head. Yes a big house is impressive but is it a requirement to own a supercar I don’t really think so and it’s just a comment that comes from maybe very well of people who do have the big house and fleet of super cars or just the jealous type who want to try and pick at someone else’s happiness.

If I could get away with I’d live in a single bedroom house with a 20 car garage lol, I’ve definetely got a car hording issue.

After doing up the current house and the stress of it all well I don’t want to move for a very long time now it’s a lot of stress especially when you get messed around by cowboys but maybe it gets easier the second time round.

I can tell you free my comments aren’t about jealously or having a fleet of super cars myself

My thoughts are this: normal looking street, global pandemic where a lot of people are hard up, big shouty lambo looking out of place with zero security stopping anyone just simply walking up to it, never mind anything nefarious. Ok you may have CCTV and a ghost immobiliser etc, it is still attracting a massive amount of attention to your home. This thread is a great example of that and it’s public on the internet.

I don’t know about you but I value my privacy enough to make smarter choices of car/location to not bring that unwanted attention come knocking.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
:p

I can tell you free my comments aren’t about jealously or having a fleet of super cars myself(I don’t own any “super cars”, been there done that, maybe when I hit 40 and I need a mid life crisis ).

My thoughts are this: normal looking street, global pandemic where a lot of people are hard up, big shouty lambo looking out of place with zero security stopping anyone just simply walking up to it, never mind anything nefarious. Ok you may have CCTV and a ghost immobiliser etc, it is still attracting a massive amount of attention to your home. This thread is a great example of that and it’s public on the internet.

I don’t know about you but I value my privacy enough to make smarter choices of car/location to not bring that unwanted attention come knocking.

My comment was not aimed at you as you generally make fair and justified comments Nath.

I see your point of view, having been Kindai’s place some years ago he does live in quite a concealed area of the beat and track, I suspect his biggest issue will be school kids discovering it and all crowding outside his house taking photos which could be attention he don’t want but may not be bothered.

I do agree sometimes it’s nice to keep the nicer metal hidden away that is why I keep mine in the garage or around back of the house but we have no houses opposite but we get a lot of walkers passing by so I tend to just leave Honda or BMW out front as though special to me to anyone else they just look like a regular old BMW and Honda lol.

Kindai has worked hard and don’t think he is even 30 yet and now has an Aventador quite an achievement. Still not a car I’d buy it’s an over sized fancy attention seeking frock with a stupid gearbox and Jon knows my thoughts but my jaw will still hit the deck when I see and hear it and I cannot wait to get a go in it when he passes me the keys. :D

I like a super car but for me to own one it has to be capable of daily duty and work on U.K. roads well and the 458 does that for me with it’s only weakness been it’s a bit wide but it makes up for it with great visibility.

Anyway my new car decisions are going down hill as I just bought a Yaris and my 40+ year old Corvette lands next week so I’m clearly getting old. :)

Soldato
Who cares about houses??

Young guy has a V12 Lambo, is excited and here to share it with the forum. Be happy for him, it's what petrol heads do.

But this is OcUK where nice things must be picked apart for completely irrelevant reasons.

My 4c & Yaris are parked up on a patch of weedy gravel down a very bumpy alleyway behind my (rented) house, heaven forbid I ever post a picture of it I might get banned! I'd much rather have a Lambo and an 'average' house than a fancy house and a Golf.

Just want to be clear, I was absolutely not passing judgement on Kindai's house, nor suggesting that there should be some house:car value ratio when making purchases, not at all. I hoped I'd made that obvious when I said I wasn't being snooty.

My post was purely about how refreshing it was to see such an exotic looking, bright yellow supercar in fairly "ordinary" surroundings, and I am absolutely not being disparaging when I said "ordinary" either. It was intended to reinforce my awesome opinion of the car, not a negative opinion of anything else. There's a guy up my road with a 458 on the drive and I feel the same each time I purposefully divert past it while walking the dog - it's nice to see such vehicles in a UK suburban setting.

My apologies if I came across as being judgemental, I'd be mortified if I did, so just want to clear that up.

OcUK Staff
End of the day nice flash bright colour cars generally make the majority of people smile and happy when they seen them driving around or parked up.

It’s a feel good feeling that you can make someone’s day just by driving a super car, of course there is a minority or people who will be upset due to tree hugging or jealousy or just whatever but generally I’ve always found cars seem to make others happy and positive to see them.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Bloody hell you guys care more than me haha :D:D:D

Honestly it doesnt bother me, its insured and yea while id be ****** if someone did vandalize it somehow (which I doubt tbh as theres 2 other aventadors parked outside houses within a 10 minute walk of my house and they have been fine the last 5 years) its nothing that cant be remedied.

The area is a very safe one, its well lit, theres a hell of a lot of the police force for the area who live on the estate, 2 schools, lots of curtain twitching old people and as Gibbo said its a bit off the beaten track so the main people who may see it are schoolkids and their parents. Which, I dont mind at all, they often come to have a look at the GTR/Gallardo and will often just take pictures from a safe difference.

However in light of the thread, I have someone coming around to quote for a new drive today.
Just kidding, the <2cm clearance at the apex of the drive gives me palpitations so need to get it leveled as a new drive would be cheaper than trying to fix paint on this!

Soldato
Serious question though as I totally have no idea about this sort of the market, what will these bottom out at, or have they already?

Cheapest I can see is circa 150k, which still seems amazing for what it is, I would have no Ferrari over this in that price bracket.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Was thinking more a Gallardo rather than a totally mad one like this (lol at not classifying a Gallardo as mad!) as you do see some decent value ones around :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
As requested, door up shots :D

Shame its so overcast :(

i.php

i.php

Soldato
Absolutely glorious that is, does it have nose lift, I see the public footpath has the incline, did you check that before purchasing or just chancing it would go up?

Soldato
Has lift no chance to get on without it.

Even with lift that would have concerned me as touch and go, I guess you did your calculations well :D

I am constantly worried about my R8 but I was surprised at how well it has handled some inclines, mine has had the mag ride stripped out though and replaced with BC Coilovers and I am certain it is riding slightly higher.

Back
Top Bottom