any advice on getting setup for a 50cc scooter please?

Caporegime
What kind of power can you get from a 50cc scooter? I have a 50cc two stroke, revs to 14000 rpm. The 550xp Mk II.

Depends how hardcore you want to go. 15bhp is easy and still reliable with all the functionality, 23bhp is generally the limit and will involve some fairly significant work.

Also the 550XP Mk II is a chainsaw, not a scooter.

Here, this began life as a 50:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

All you really need is a hoody and a bad attitude, and you're golden.

Caporegime
whats a good 125 Scooter to go for then Brand Wise right now please?

i looked at ebikes and the price on those compared to scooters is kinda crazy lol

Depends on your budget. For low budget, Honda Vision 110. Above that you're looking at a Yamaha Nmax or Honda PCX.

Then you get the really expensive ones like the Honda Forza but at that point you may as well get your bike licence and buy a proper bike.

Soldato
i looked at ebikes and the price on those compared to scooters is kinda crazy lol
Mine (Cube, Bosh Active Plus, 400Wh etc) was £1400 and that's it, no training, no test, no MOT, no insurance, charged from free solar etc - it's been pretty cheap local transport for the last couple of years.

Ha, just looked at current prices. Same bike is now more like £2000!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All 125 and, I assume, ebike prices too, are high at the moment as people want to get out of COVID ridden public transport but still need to get to work.

Back
Top Bottom