AMG GT R - Der Tag

Pet Northerner
Don
Needs a starlight headliner tbh.
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Man of Honour
OP
Not convinced by the Burmeister hifi. Bose system in the R8 slaughters it but outside of that Merc wins. Sharper, faster, even noisier, road presence. I can see how this is so quick on track, very sharp and easy.

Soldato
Got a C63 last year and it has the Burmeister in it. I think the E class Burmeister is same as C class, so wouldn't be suprised that yours is similar configruation as well. I was expecting good things knowing their reputation in home hifi, however I would rate the F80 M3 HK setup over it, its not great for a 'top' hifi option. Luckily V8 noises make up for it as I don't miss the good stereo as much as I thought I would!

Soldato
Got a C63 last year and it has the Burmeister in it. I think the E class Burmeister is same as C class, so wouldn't be suprised that yours is similar configruation as well. I was expecting good things knowing their reputation in home hifi, however I would rate the F80 M3 HK setup over it, its not great for a 'top' hifi option. Luckily V8 noises make up for it as I don't miss the good stereo as much as I thought I would!

The E class has an upgraded system from the C class if I’m not mistaken. I’m of the complete opposite opinion, I had a 640d which had the HK system and I thought it was a very average system compared to either the B&W I had in the XJ or the Burmester in my E63S.

Soldato
some of it can be how its setup / what you are used to hearing. I test drove a M6 GC with the optional B&O system and thought it sound muddled and was very underwhelmed, someone had really messed around with the EQ settings but even with trying to change those I wasn't impressed.

Soldato
I have the B&W system in my BMW, honestly I find it totally underwhelming. I'm sure the bog standard audio in my old Toyota was actually better. I'd be bitterly disappointed had I paid the extra 3.5k that it cost. Sounds like these fancy name brand car audio systems are a bit of a scam all round.

Soldato
some of it can be how its setup / what you are used to hearing. I test drove a M6 GC with the optional B&O system and thought it sound muddled and was very underwhelmed, someone had really messed around with the EQ settings but even with trying to change those I wasn't impressed.

Absolutely, people have different preferences for what they think sounds good and on top of that people aren’t listening to the same systems and in different cars, so it’s no wonder there is a difference in opinions

Back
Top Bottom