• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

OcUK Staff
Anyone seeing the graphics cards in stock in the 3D Printers category?

Yes I've been making random drops throughout the day which a heads up was given on the forum in one the threads here, unfortunately that lost drop must have triggered an alert somewhere as we just sold around 500 cards in the 5-10 minutes they were live, which means we've oversold by around 100 units on two of the Gigabyte cards.

So those who did not get one will have to wait or cancel, good news is 3070's do arrive typically every week in pretty strong numbers.

Soldato
Yes I've been making random drops throughout the day which a heads up was given on the forum in one the threads here, unfortunately that lost drop must have triggered an alert somewhere as we just sold around 500 cards in the 5-10 minutes they were live, which means we've oversold by around 100 units on two of the Gigabyte cards.

So those who did not get one will have to wait or cancel, good news is 3070's do arrive typically every week in pretty strong numbers.
Yeah someone posted it on facebook, in one of the groups and then that got shared to some of the much larger groups.

At this point im thinking whether you should have another subsection thats only accessible to people who have more than a 1000 posts or have been on the forum pre a certain year like you have for the sale section to stop newbies that join, copy links and paste in bigger groups.

Also change the link for the drop to a different part of the site everytime, it would work best and stop this from happening to a much better degree.

Man of Honour
Yeah someone posted it on facebook, in one of the groups and then that got shared to some of the much larger groups.

At this point im thinking whether you should have another subsection thats only accessible to people who have more than a 1000 posts or have been on the forum pre a certain year like you have for the sale section to stop newbies that join, copy links and paste in bigger groups.

Also change the link for the drop to a different part of the site everytime, it would work best and stop this from happening to a much better degree.

Or Gibbo could just put the link in the MM section as a sticky.

Permabanned
our cost pricing on some cards went up by nearly £200 in a month and prices have been going up for months now...nice to know that everyone is blaming the reseller.

To me, scalping means making close to 100% profit margin and I assure you that we're not even close to half that.

Yes we are making more profit margin than we'd usually make, we have to, limited supply, same overheads, but our usual margin on graphics is rarely more than 10%

This is not OcUk by the way.
But could you explain how two of the largest UK retailers sell a TV for £1,600. Customers buy it and think they are getting a good deal even though its so pricey. The next week, one company reduces the TVs price to £1,500 and on the same day the other so called rival retailer reduces their TVs price to £1500 so it matches the other retailer.

The customer looks online when admiring their purchase and sees £100 has been discounted off something they bought just last week.They are fuming and think the retailers are making up prices.

Two days later, the prices of the TVs have gone back up to £1600 and the so called rival has increased it to £1700. The same TV can be bought for £1400 online on auction sites retail stores.

The customer now suspects that prices for their product are not justified and feels conned.

Associate
This is not OcUk by the way.
But could you explain how two of the largest UK retailers sell a TV for £1,600. Customers buy it and think they are getting a good deal even though its so pricey. The next week, one company reduces the TVs price to £1,500 and on the same day the other so called rival retailer reduces their TVs price to £1500 so it matches the other retailer.

The customer looks online when admiring their purchase and sees £100 has been discounted off something they bought just last week.They are fuming and think the retailers are making up prices.

Two days later, the prices of the TVs have gone back up to £1600 and the so called rival has increased it to £1700. The same TV can be bought for £1400 online on auction sites retail stores.

The customer now suspects that prices for their product are not justified and feels conned.

Well it's tough monkeys then innit. This has gone on for years, fluctuating prices and web prices being different to in store price. Retailers price as they see fit, whether customers like it or not doesn't always come into it. That's just what they do, probably based on daily or weekly data.

You pay what the price is at the time. If it goes up or down after that, doesn't matter. You have no recourse, you paid what the price was at the time. Bit of a pointless question.

Permabanned
Well it's tough monkeys then innit. This has gone on for years, fluctuating prices and web prices being different to in store price. Retailers price as they see fit, whether customers like it or not doesn't always come into it. That's just what they do, probably based on daily or weekly data.

You pay what the price is at the time. If it goes up or down after that, doesn't matter. You have no recourse, you paid what the price was at the time. Bit of a pointless question.

That is my point! Shops have been doing this, making up prices and selling a £1 item for £20. Just that now during a pandemic the are selling the £1 item for £100 . It's unfortunate because during a pandemic people are locked in and want the entertainment. So all this will change soon as summer comes with lockdown lifted.

The government will not intervene, what they will do is tax the profit these companies are making :cool:

Permabanned
Yeah I can imagine its vast.

To be honest Ocuk are getting flak here because the existence of the forum makes it easier. There are other retailers charging silly money now too but their margins have also been affected by covid and mining demand etc.

Definitely sucks but like I've said before, I think most people want them because they are hot property. Not because they arent capable of playing some computer games.

Ive went from a 1080 to a 3070.. Its much faster but honestly I've not really been particularly excited by the whole change. I still had enjoyment from games in the past.

1080 can max out all games at 1080p in the right system.

3070 can max can max out all games at 1080p in the right system.

So you will not see much difference at 1080p now.

Soldato
1080 can max out all games at 1080p in the right system.

3070 can max can max out all games at 1080p in the right system.

So you will not see much difference at 1080p now.

I play at 1440p on a 165hz screen or 4k 60 when on tv. There is a difference but it doesn't really make me say wow. Probably because I also recently got a series x and the whole experience of turning it on and playing games is far more appealing than my pc. L

Permabanned
I play at 1440p on a 165hz screen or 4k 60 when on tv. There is a difference but it doesn't really make me say wow. Probably because I also recently got a series x and the whole experience of turning it on and playing games is far more appealing than my pc. L

The console problem is also a real nonsense. Have you tried getting a PS5 lately? It's just insane the poor professional management of getting mass produced products out to the general public. The retailers have made a serious profit from the pandemic.

These companies that have frustrated their customers with bogus queuing systems and so on will feel the brunt of consumers when things settle down and shoppers remember what they had to go through to buy a console etc... People hold grudges.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I just lost my s*** again...with a major brand who now want to charge me as much for an RTX 3060 OC as another major brand charged me last week for an RTX 3060 Ti OC...
Worse still, they expect me to use it for systems...usually my system stock is a little cheaper than retail (although not with 30 series so far)

:(

As much as I 'secretly' hope it's just one brand trying their luck I expect most to follow suit

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Dunno why retailers put up with the situation, if you can survive without selling gpus id remove em till they are made to reduce prices and they refuse sales to miners by those who make businesses with a few quid so they're official then can deal with manufacturers direct to get the cards.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Dunno why retailers put up with the situation, if you can survive without selling gpus id remove em till they are made to reduce prices and they refuse sales to miners by those who make businesses with a few quid so they're official then can deal with manufacturers direct to get the cards.
I can't though. We've got a load of guys reliant on our system build business for their job security. No graphics cards, no PCs.

And to be frank, every reseller would have to refuse the stock and even then they could easily sell every card they make to the miners.

Soldato
OP
If you do it maybe others would follow and start a revolution lol. I understand you cant which is a shame it would have made a great bit of pr i think to show you dont support, as well as stand up for us, about these situations and practices.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I just lost my s*** again...with a major brand who now want to charge me as much for an RTX 3060 OC as another major brand charged me last week for an RTX 3060 Ti OC...
Worse still, they expect me to use it for systems...usually my system stock is a little cheaper than retail (although not with 30 series so far)

:(

As much as I 'secretly' hope it's just one brand trying their luck I expect most to follow suit

will be very interesting when retailers start to chat with some of the more trustworthy tech tubers. see which manufactures are going all out with the "profit" margins.

Back
Top Bottom