• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Anyone having issue buying a second FE card or getting one for a friend who's not always at a computer etc just create a new scan account as that seems to work.

Associate
They must have lasted a little longer than usual being in the evening and all. As I managed to get one and checkout on my normal account which then failed and then managed to create a new account and add another and then checkout, all on my mobile too.

It's crazy how hard it is for people to buy latest GPU's or CPU's if they do jobs away from computers.

Soldato
Did so last night, awaiting another drop and trying trying beat the hordes. :(
Was it a 3080 you were after? I think I might have to do the same thing unfortunately. Wish I’d been more patient last night but it really feels like you just need to grab what you can when you can at MSRP!

Soldato
They must have lasted a little longer than usual being in the evening and all. As I managed to get one and checkout on my normal account which then failed and then managed to create a new account and add another and then checkout, all on my mobile too.

It's crazy how hard it is for people to buy latest GPU's or CPU's if they do jobs away from computers.
Maybe they should add a KYC because if it's that easy then what's stopping scalpers buying up stock every time these drop.

Caporegime
Was it a 3080 you were after? I think I might have to do the same thing unfortunately. Wish I’d been more patient last night but it really feels like you just need to grab what you can when you can at MSRP!

Preferably a 3080, though going by how stupid the ebay sales are at the minute i'd grab a 3090 and list my 3070 and hopefully get a dumb price for it. :p

Just have to wait and see when the next drops are, i would imagine that's it for this week but ya never know as of late.

Soldato

Same address on both accounts?

Soldato
Preferably a 3080, though going by how stupid the ebay sales are at the minute i'd grab a 3090 and list my 3070 and hopefully get a dumb price for it. :p

Just have to wait and see when the next drops are, i would imagine that's it for this week but ya never know as of late.
Yeah the prices people are paying for them are nuts! Not sure I could ever justify the 3090 though :D

Soldato
That didn't work for me yesterday. I used a different payment card on a different account with a different delivery address, but the same name and the same IP address.

Next time Im going to try using my phone so I get a different IP address, but it will have to be the same name albeit a different payment card. They can't block it on name surely, if everything else is different. Some names are very common (mine isn't), but that block can't be automatic or no-one called John Smith would be able to buy one.

I think the bigger issue is the whole checkout process takes too long. I had to type in my card details then wait for a text message code to come through. Paypal would be quicker but ive already used it as a payment method for my first one.

Caporegime
I think the bigger issue is the whole checkout process takes too long. I had to type in my card details then wait for a text message code to come through. Paypal would be quicker but ive already used it as a payment method for my first one.

And it doesn't help matters when the captcha takes an age to load in when the site gets flooded, it's totally pot luck if you get through the process or not.

Soldato
I felt daft getting an EVGA 3070 back in January at £545 after trying to get a 3070FE for ages. But that looks like a bargain now.

A great upgrade from my 1070 and yes I do mine on it when I'm not gaming. Why wouldn't you?

Soldato
And it doesn't help matters when the captcha takes an age to load in when the site gets flooded, it's totally pot luck if you get through the process or not.

Thats why you need to make sure you are logged into your account already and refresh it every so often. Captcha appearing is often an early warning sign of a drop even better than Discord albeit you dont know whats dropping.

So when it drops you dont need to use Captcha as you already did it and already signed in with an account. Providing you WFH on a computer of course. Thats how I got my 3080FE. Didnt even need the Discord alert really I was ready and waiting.

Soldato
Thats why you need to make sure you are logged into your account already and refresh it every so often. Captcha appearing is often an early warning sign of a drop even better than Discord albeit you dont know whats dropping.

So when it drops you dont need to use Captcha as you already did it and already signed in with an account. Providing you WFH on a computer of course. Thats how I got my 3080FE. Didnt even need the Discord alert really I was ready and waiting.

I got my 3070 the same way, by having the site logged in while I was working and being ready instantly. Problem is, unless I can change my home external IP address, I cant use this laptop now.

Associate
When I got the alert from distill I got to the site and realised I didn't even have an account so frantically made one. Got to the checkout and that transaction failed, the basket just emptied itself after going thru the bank verification. After a few mins of F5 I managed to get another one in my basket and complete the transaction. I guess I'm lucky, but a combination of a distill alert and a bit of perseverance allowed me to bag a 3070 for MSRP. Very happy indeed!

Associate
Got a dispatch email! I was really expecting a 'sorry but we ran out' email even after payment went through. Now I've gotta choose between AMD and Intel for a new system build, last AMD build was an early quad core way back when so very tempted to return. I always get so stressed with new builds though as I don't uprade often!

Back
Top Bottom