• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6900XT COD Large Maps intermittent crashing (Running out of Ideas)

Associate
Hey guys

Hopefully someone has the answer.

When playing on large COD cold war Maps zombies outbreak. System will intermittently crash. This could be after 5 mins or 1.15hrs. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. IT crashes and then amd driver displays "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Normal small maps I could play all day no problems.

System spec as follows

x570 aorus elite bios is newest one
3900x (stock speeds)
4*8gb vengeance 3000
RX6900XT Reference Card
970 evo 1TB
RM 850 PSU

So what I have tried

Reinstalled wiindows and COD. Graphic drivers are up to date and chipset drivers. Tested with 1000watt PSU to make sure wasnt psu fault

Mem tested Ram no errors found.
Tried running with only one monitor I have dual. Tried running on low settings at 1080p instead of 1440p still the same.

Upped the power limit on card and still the same. All temps are fine.

I cant make the system crash with any other game or benching. So is this just AMD bad drivers? Starting to think I should have bought an 3090. :(

Anyone any ideas?

Caporegime
Hey guys

When playing on large COD cold war Maps zombies outbreak. System will intermittently crash. This could be after 5 mins or 1.15hrs. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. IT crashes and then amd driver displays "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

System spec as follows

3900x (stock speeds)
4*8gb vengeance 3000
RX6900XT Reference Card
970 evo 1TB
RM 850 PSU

So what I have tried

Reinstalled wiindows and COD. Graphic drivers are up to date and chipset drivers. Tested with 1000watt PSU to make sure wasnt psu fault

Tried running with only one monitor I have dual. Tried running on low settings at 1080p instead of 1440p still the same.

I cant make the system crash with any other game or benching. So is this just AMD bad drivers? Starting to think I should have bought an 3090. :(

Anyone any ideas?
Have you tried running your system at BIOS defaults including your system memory at 2133Mhz?

Associate
Hey guys

System spec as follows

3900x (stock speeds)
4*8gb vengeance 3000
RX6900XT Reference Card
970 evo 1TB
RM 850 PSU

So what I have tried

Anyone any ideas?

Crashes with no pattern usually signal a memory problem.

And it sounds like a memory problem, either on the gfx card or on the system mem.
Try downclocking the memory on the 6900xt. In the mean time how did you test your system memory.

yes, you should have bought 3090.

Soldato
Does it pass all the MSI Kombustor tests?
If it freezes then you can RMA the card.

I was going to say same and furmark as a test too, there are tools to test VRAM too on the GPU. Some work better than others as some don't detect all the VRAM on new cards as they are older tools.

Soldato
Also make sure to have latest chipset drivers for your motherboard from AMDs site. Another test you can try is disable pcie v4 and set to V3 as a test in the BIOS. Also check with GPU-Z what pcie speed and version the card is using.

Back
Top Bottom