• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade ... 3060ti - 3070

Associate
So I recently built a pc with my kid. We kind of built it around a 3060ti as that was the card we were able to get hold of. Spec is
MSI Ventus X2 3060ti
Ryzen 5600x
Corsair 650w
2x 8gb 3600mhz Ram

So I've been lucky enough to get a 3070 Founders Edition which should be with me tomorrow. ( Won't say where from ) Will the upgrade be ok with the rest of my system. PSU , CPU up to the job. And how do i go about the swop. Will it just go in and work or should I delete drivers and then reinstall. Thanks.

Associate
OP
Should just work after swap best to install latest Geforce driver though. Psu should be fine unless its really old.
No it's brand new. Literally only all been up and running for 3 week. It was our first build and we wasn't expecting to upgrade it. I'd never turned off the stock updates on my phone, got a ping last night so seemed daft not to click it.

Back
Top Bottom