7 Seater Recommendations

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What's up with the Kodiaq?! I take delivery in Apr/May for mine.

Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Sport Line DSG - 8k miles, £846.96 upfront (3m) + £282.32 x 35 months + £198 admin = £10,927.16 @ Leasing Options - now gone up to £353 per month.

5008 looks nice, not sure on the x-trail -different size/class?

I went for the Kodiaq because of the Skoda reliability and more bang for buck.
Nothing wrong with it. Personal taste thing :)

How much more reliable is the Kodiaq compared to the X-Trail or 5008?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing wrong with it. Personal taste thing :)

How much more reliable is the Kodiaq compared to the X-Trail or 5008?

The 5008 is better than the X Trail, it's got more space and is more reliable from what I've read but there isn't a lot between Nissan and Peugeot in that regard. Skoda ranks higher in reliability surveys but the other two cars are cheaper.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The 5008 is better than the X Trail, it's got more space and is more reliable from what I've read but there isn't a lot between Nissan and Peugeot in that regard. Skoda ranks higher in reliability surveys but the other two cars are cheaper.
Pretty much what I read also. Leaning towards a 5008 myself. Maybe a 3008 if I can convince the other half we do not need the extra seats.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I went for the Kodiaq in the end. Cheers all :)
face_with_open_mouth_vomiting_256_1.gif

:p enjoy mate :)

Soldato
How'd you find the 1.5 TSI engine? It's on all the VAG cars now, on paper it looks fine but in my head it sounds small for a big car.

Right I've taken delivery and taken it out for a spin. Whilst I'm no car expert the things that struck me were (I'm coming from an A5 sportback auto and my Mrs' manual 2008):
  • Smooth automatic transition between gears.
  • Quieter than expected engine noise.
  • Really light steering which was nice.
  • Decent acceleration, no concerns with power from my perspective when pulling away. Again, feels really smooth and effortless when pulling away.
  • Great driving position, nice and high up!
  • Nice surprise that the new model now has wireless phone charging in centre console and fits my phone (iPhone XR).
  • Wireless apple carplay :D
  • Sound system is surprisingly loud and clear. I had worried that I should have gone for the upgraded Canton(?) system, but not bothered now.
  • Infotainment system generally seems quite good from my limited play. Touch screen responsive.
  • Massive boot with seats folded, which was part of the draw for me anyway.
  • 19" wheels look bigger than expected.
In short, first impressions are strong and I'm happy with the decision. Couple of pics below :)

Soldato
Great choice of car. We decided to change the small car and get a VW ID3 on order... We would have loved a Kodiaq but the Superb is still going strong and doesn't owe us anything.

Which model did you pluck for?

Soldato
Right I've taken delivery and taken it out for a spin. Whilst I'm no car expert the things that struck me were (I'm coming from an A5 sportback auto and my Mrs' manual 2008):
  • Smooth automatic transition between gears.
  • Quieter than expected engine noise.
  • Really light steering which was nice.
  • Decent acceleration, no concerns with power from my perspective when pulling away. Again, feels really smooth and effortless when pulling away.
  • Great driving position, nice and high up!
  • Nice surprise that the new model now has wireless phone charging in centre console and fits my phone (iPhone XR).
  • Wireless apple carplay :D
  • Sound system is surprisingly loud and clear. I had worried that I should have gone for the upgraded Canton(?) system, but not bothered now.
  • Infotainment system generally seems quite good from my limited play. Touch screen responsive.
  • Massive boot with seats folded, which was part of the draw for me anyway.
  • 19" wheels look bigger than expected.
In short, first impressions are strong and I'm happy with the decision. Couple of pics below :)

Looks great! We went for the Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Sport Line DSG - still awaiting delivery though.

Is that pearlescent black? Again, same colour we opted for. We also went for the virtual cockpit option.

Soldato
Sure the sportline will be even better! Yeh it's the black magic option.

You'll love it, I had my doubts about 'stepping down' from an Audi to a Skoda but it has genuinely exceeded my expectations. Just a really nice car!

Soldato
Looks great! We went for the Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Sport Line DSG - still awaiting delivery though.

Is that pearlescent black? Again, same colour we opted for. We also went for the virtual cockpit option.

We went for the same deal from Leasing Options, opted for stock plus spare tyre and chose Quartz Grey Metallic, seemed great for the price. Delivery most likely May/June I reckon but not been confirmed yet.

I’ve had virtual cockpit in my Seat Leon Cupra 290, it’s nice to have but I wouldn't pay extra for it (IMO). It’s been sat on one setting for last 2 years. Like wise with ACC, nice and clever but sometimes I wished I had normal cruise. Swings and roundabouts:)

Associate
You'll love it, I had my doubts about 'stepping down' from an Audi to a Skoda but it has genuinely exceeded my expectations. Just a really nice car!

My wife went from a new Q3 2.0tdi SLine with all the options, to a standard Karoq SE L with cream leather and loves it. I really don't notice any real difference except that the Karoq has a better ride. Ultimately it doesn't have the same solidity but it makes no real difference day to day.

Back
Top Bottom