Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
The markets are just fixed. They all follow the same patterns at the exact same time, doesn't matter how unrelated the stocks are. I'm sure it's just some algorithm at work but it has too much Control over the market.

Soldato
The markets are just fixed. They all follow the same patterns at the exact same time, doesn't matter how unrelated the stocks are. I'm sure it's just some algorithm at work but it has too much Control over the market.

Markets have been running off sentiment rather than business fundamentals for some time. They always do to some extent of course, but particularly right now.

A lot of it is algos and day traders just slicing off profits from the volatility too. There's not some mysterious overlord controlling it, it's just markets at work.

Soldato
Volatility = opportunity. The markets in general are torn between "wow these valuations are getting quite out of hand", and "where else am I going to get a return on all this money?".

Soldato
Hmmm...so NASDAQ heading into correction territory. Powell speaks and then yields spike again. More red.

Not just the Nasdaq down though or even overpriced stocks. Things like Walmart are down, people aren't suddenly going to stop shopping there. Walmart have also sorted out their online now which will allow them to better to compete with Amazon.

Had stop losses which were really take profit, kick in on MSFT. It's not like there isn't going to be demand for Office and Windows, or cloud growth is suddenly going to stop, or even slow down much this year. They absolutely smashed it recently.

McDonalds is down. I bet a lot of stimulus checks (will use the US spelling since we're talking about that region) will be spent there and at Walmart.

Soldato
Well, bought heavy into the dip on INRG today...no doubt this'll be the week it doesn't bounce :p

In at 972....looks good for the bottom so far..

I think INRG was definitely overbought but I'm surprised to see it struggling to hold the £10 mark, then again it's hard to know how much of the last years gains relate to Biden and what relates to fundamentals.

Buying and holding, like you I've been averaging down on the drops. It's not one I'm looking to trade and I'm quite comfortable to see it retrace and stablise.

Also, what's everyone doing with their NIO stock? They loading up in the dip or are people cutting their losses ditching them all together? They're clearly a long term hold, so I would like to think the former rather than the latter

Bought the dip.

I quite like seeing how Baillie Gifford (American Class B) adjust their top 10 month on month. Obviously it's had a bumper run, they've reduced their holding (within the fund) by around 40% and Moderna has just crept in to the top 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing like a lot of you, my positions are all badly red right now. I felt good after gaining 8% on M&S shares, but my Nvidia holding has taken an absolute battering.

I want to cash out within the next 4-5 months but not with a loss. Guess I've got to ride this out.

Caporegime
I'm guessing like a lot of you, my positions are all badly red right now. I felt good after gaining 8% on M&S shares, but my Nvidia holding has taken an absolute battering.
I started bailing on stuff over the last few days, anything green I thought might come down is gone, anything red that looks like it will go a deeper shade is gone.
I was watching TSLA, NVDA, AMZN, BABA etc for the last 30 minutes wondering whether to buy the dip.

but I don't think it's the dip yet, tomorrow is sure horrible, I don't think I consider any buys until midpoint of next week unless I see crazy volumes

I did pick up some dividend stocks though like AT&T and AQN which I doubt will move down/up

Soldato
I started bailing on stuff over the last few days, anything green I thought might come down is gone, anything red that looks like it will go a deeper shade is gone.
I was watching TSLA, NVDA, AMZN, BABA etc for the last 30 minutes wondering whether to buy the dip.

but I don't think it's the dip yet, tomorrow is sure horrible, I don't think I consider any buys until midpoint of next week unless I see crazy volumes

I did pick up some dividend stocks though like AT&T and AQN which I doubt will move down/up

Maybe I should steer clear of stock news for a while. I don't fancy committing more spare cash at times like this, even though it might be a good idea. I'll just hold and ride it. Having watched NVDA drop (for, in my humble opinion, no good reason) for 3 days in a row, I'm just feeling a bit deflated :)

Back
Top Bottom