• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti to launch in January 2021?

Soldato
They probably wont release the 3080 Ti for a while yet. Otherwise its just going to be another paper launch.

I also think if they release one, there will be no FE models and AIBS only and we know how they will be priced then and make Nvidia look like the good guys with their other FE models and the AIBS getting to deal with the real prices of these cards. Look at the real price of a 3060 it's not £299 but £500.

Associate
I also think if they release one, there will be no FE models and AIBS only and we know how they will be priced then and make Nvidia look like the good guys with their other FE models and the AIBS getting to deal with the real prices of these cards. Look at the real price of a 3060 it's not £299 but £500.

Yeah pricing is gonna be a joke unless theres ample stock. I feel like the ti is going to replace the 3090 pricing and make the 3090 be like £3-4k. Im just sticking with my 1080 until all this blows over. I was going to upgrade but not at these prices.

Soldato
Well this thread aged well.

Well depends which side of the debate you were on ;)..

Some people have had a wake up call and didn't listen to the warnings when pricing was more normal and cried prices are too high even at MSRP.. Then claimed prices will come down more soon or by Jan 2021.:rolleyes:

Anyways I think we all know reality now and doesn't matter now. Next time I hope people listen to the warning signs and don't end up in this mess again some put themselves in because they were stubborn. Same warnings went out on the CPU section too but same happened there too.

No kopite7kimi (useless guessing clickbait user) or crystal ball used when the warnings went out but the people that saw what was coming were laughed at.;)

Soldato
Exactly mate... reality regarding 4000 series , it will be a minimum of 2 years from release of 3000 series and can be longer as Nvidia has done before.

I love reading people state i'm waiting for 4080 or 4090 .. not realising over 2 years before they get their hands on it and if it comes out in the 2 year cycle Nvidia does if they are releasing quickly. They forget the year after is refreash of the cards eg. supers or whatever they will call them this time and then a year after the new series of cards if ready.
If nvidia don't release for 2 years then they will be well behind AMD who are on a 1 year ish cycle And are looking for a 100% uplift for RDNA3 MCM next time around. They can practically match nvidias 3090 now in performance while coming from a long way behind so if they can hook up RDNA3 then nvidia might find themselves where Intel are now in 2 years time.

Soldato
if nvidia don't release for 2 years then they will be well behind AMD who are on a 1 year ish cycle And are looking for a 100% uplift for RDNA3 MCM next time around. They can practically match nvidias 3090 now in performance while coming from a long way behind so if they can hook up RDNA3 then nvidia might find themselves where Intel are now in 2 years time.

AMD are on one year cpu cycles, we will see if that is true for GPUs (which I doubt it will happen).

RDNA3 MCM is not going to happen unless we have 5nm fabs producing a lot of wafers. There is currently a shortage of all types of silicon on any node. Also don't see it happening till they are ready to update the consoles to the next versions the ps5 pro and series x pro or whatever they will call it.

We will see but AMD and GPUs and 1 year cycles doesn't compute to me, cpus they have been lucky with so far. Even AM5 is just going to be a zen3 cpu made as zen4 with tweaks again to work with DDR5 and a slight IPC increase again for the first set of cpus.

All depends on 5nm fabs, as without that a RDNA3 MCM GPU will need a 1000W+ min PSU to run the system, how many people will be happy with replacing their PSU again and the power bill ?

AMD are actually stating a 50% uplift they are aiming for with RDNA3.

"Bergman pointed out that the performance-per-watt gains should be similar to the improvements achieved with the leap from RDNA 1 to RDNA 2. “... We have the same commitment on RDNA 3… We focused on that on RDNA 2. It's a big focus on RDNA 3 as well.” Bergman notes that the key here is to maintain a similar TGP while delivering 50% more performance so potential users are not forced to buy bigger power supplies and replace the cooling solutions"

Last edited:
Associate
If nvidia don't release for 2 years then they will be well behind AMD who are on a 1 year ish cycle And are looking for a 100% uplift for RDNA3 MCM next time around. They can practically match nvidias 3090 now in performance while coming from a long way behind so if they can hook up RDNA3 then nvidia might find themselves where Intel are now in 2 years time.

You are living the pipe dream if you think that RNDA3 is coming in DEC 2021.:D:D:D

AMD might just about get its DLSS version sorted and working by DEC 2021.

Soldato
You are living the pipe dream if you think that RNDA3 is coming in DEC 2021.:D:D:D

Well its in their own roadmap and they haven't failed to deliver yet. Also they won't need DLSS if they hit 100%+ raster performance with an MCM design as even with RT on they will be much faster than nvidia.

2020-03-06-image-6-j-1100.png

GPU-Roadmap-Master-678x452.png

Soldato
Well its in their own roadmap and they haven't failed to deliver yet. Also they won't need DLSS if they hit 100%+ raster performance with an MCM design as even with RT on they will be much faster than nvidia.

2020-03-06-image-6-j-1100.png

GPU-Roadmap-Master-678x452.png

Check the dates, that road map is from BEFORE coronavirus, it's a different world mate

Soldato
Exactly mate... reality regarding 4000 series , it will be a minimum of 2 years from release of 3000 series and can be longer as Nvidia has done before.

Don't be so sure of that. Now that AMD has drawn level Nvidia need to regain their significant performance advantage. Just look at what has happened in the CPU space.

Soldato
Check the dates, that road map is from BEFORE coronavirus, it's a different world mate
They managed to get zen 3 and RDNA2 out on time during the pandemic while also doing console stuff, this year they need only focus on zen 4 and RDNA 3 which will move off 7nm which should alleviate the supply constraints as they wont be competing with consoles on the 7nm node.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It took nvidia long enough to get theirs out the door, 2.0 (current version) only became available in April 2020. And it took them 5 months to get the crappy 1.0 version for Battlefield out the door. The first iteration of 2.0 came out 11 months after the turing launch. So realistically it took them near a year to get a decent version of it working and available, which is a far cry from what they were waffling about at the turing launch like it would be a quick process.

Back
Top Bottom