• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
will be very interesting when retailers start to chat with some of the more trustworthy tech tubers. see which manufactures are going all out with the "profit" margins.
It's not all "profit"

The silicon fabs are charging more so Nvidia are probably charging more
the component (capacitor, VRM, resistor etc) manufacturers are charging more
the packaging companies are charging more
so the card manufacturer cost pricing has increased
That card manufacturer then wants to make more margin
the shipping companies are charging more for every shipment
the distributor wants to make more margin
the resellers wants to make more margin...
...I'm just trying to shed some light on the situation as a whole
Costs have definitely gone up. IMHO the whole system is broken. Nvidia will make 3-5x more than their manufacturing partners on every card sold. (Yeah I understand Nvidia have marketing costs, R&D etc but their financial reports suggest they make 65% margin) This gives their partners very little room to swallow increased costs.

If we're being honest Nvidia's MSRPs were set for the benefit of reviewers, to boost scores...
Nvidia maintaining the unrealistic MSRPs just makes the situation reflect worse in their partners. Compare Nvidia's margin share with the 5% that they expected the reseller to make based in launch pricing (pricing which has now increased by about 15-25% model depending) and you can probably see what I mean by 'broken'.

Soldato
Yeah someone posted it on facebook, in one of the groups and then that got shared to some of the much larger groups.

At this point im thinking whether you should have another subsection thats only accessible to people who have more than a 1000 posts or have been on the forum pre a certain year like you have for the sale section to stop newbies that join, copy links and paste in bigger groups.

Also change the link for the drop to a different part of the site everytime, it would work best and stop this from happening to a much better degree.
Only so many oc forum members will pay silly prices,oc is a business why would you restrict sales to a select few,makes no business sense waiting around to shift stock to members when it can be out the door as fast as possible, a business is about maximizing profits, if anyone wants to pay OTT prices that's up to them surely. Business loyalty when out the door in the 80"s

Last edited:
Associate
It's not all "profit"

Costs have definitely gone up. IMHO the whole system is broken. Nvidia will make 3-5x more than their manufacturing partners on every card sold. (Yeah I understand Nvidia have marketing costs, R&D etc but their financial reports suggest they make 65% margin) This gives their partners very little room to swallow increased costs.

If we're being honest Nvidia's MSRPs were set for the benefit of reviewers, to boost scores...
Nvidia maintaining the unrealistic MSRPs just makes the situation reflect worse in their partners. Compare Nvidia's margin share with the 5% that they expected the reseller to make based in launch pricing (pricing which has now increased by about 15-25% model depending) and you can probably see what I mean by 'broken'.

whats broken is trying to sell KFA2 3090 HOF Premium for £2.7K :D:D:D:p:p:p

not nvidia MRSP where you can get a SLI rig going for that price.

Thats broken.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
whats broken is trying to sell KFA2 3090 HOF Premium for £2.7K :D:D:D:p:p:p

not nvidia MRSP where you can get a SLI rig going for that price.

Thats broken.
HAHAHA HOF cards have always been crazy priced. The normal 3090 HOF is easily the most expensive 3090 that we buy, with the exception of the Premium which is another £250 more (ex VAT cost price)

You have to REALLY like white cards or be a record chasing overclocker to even consider them IMO

Soldato
OP
Dont suppose flogging the cards in the b grade section would work somehow? Pretend there b grade but in the desc say nah just kidding they are new cards were just hiding em from bots or somit lol.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It's not all "profit"

i honestly dont know what to believe anymore with gpu's and their comically bad pricing the past year or two. just wait for nvidias financials to hit now see how much of a bump the past years been for them.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
that margin is just nuts as they are investing at the same time id presume on the next generation of gpus.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
These Nvidia folk are taking the P. That is crazy profit margins for charging us a kidney for GPUs :o

$5 billion or so profit they phrase like its a fiver, is merely based on these large profit margins.
like I said, I completely understand the frustration over pricing, just as I understand the frustration over supply. I'm just asking that the resellers aren't the sole target of that frustration when this sort of information is freely available.

Associate
These Nvidia folk are taking the P. That is crazy profit margins for charging us a kidney for GPUs :o

$5 billion or so profit they phrase like its a fiver, is merely based on these large profit margins.

It is what it is, you buy....or you go without, paying the high prices are like the pain of childbirth, you soon forget, and go on to the 2nd, 3rd and so on. I have a 3090, and it cost?....a lot, but i now realise it was the right choice, i really don't care less about a moral standpoint, the gaming community or how out of control the whole scalping scene has become, i'm selfish, and i come 1st.

Associate
I say let the miners buy them all. Actively prevent non-miners from buying them, instead requiring bulk purchases for any GPU order. Minimum 10. Let the market absolutely dry up.

Then, wait. Wait and watch as mining difficulty increases, scalpers start competing, and supply chain issues start to get resolved. I for one can't wait to see the result either way, as this entire last year has been a fascinating view of greed taken to extremes. It will collapse at some point, and when it does we can hire the now redundant graphics artists to draw the smallest violins possible.

Or maybe I'm just wanting to see this whole thing burn down. Seems like either result at this point would be preferable.

Soldato
The MSI Suprim X 3090 came up for pre-order at a competitors site earlier on. Baring in mind it had an in stock date of the end of April and was just shy of £2k. The pre-orders were filled in minutes.

Soldato
I say let the miners buy them all. Actively prevent non-miners from buying them, instead requiring bulk purchases for any GPU order. Minimum 10. Let the market absolutely dry up.

Then, wait. Wait and watch as mining difficulty increases, scalpers start competing, and supply chain issues start to get resolved. I for one can't wait to see the result either way, as this entire last year has been a fascinating view of greed taken to extremes. It will collapse at some point, and when it does we can hire the now redundant graphics artists to draw the smallest violins possible.

Or maybe I'm just wanting to see this whole thing burn down. Seems like either result at this point would be preferable.

Complain less and try harder.

Cards can be bought for reasonable(ish) prices if you put the time and effort in.

Associate
Complain less and try harder.

Cards can be bought for reasonable(ish) prices if you put the time and effort in.

I remember when the best AIB cards only cost 20% more than the basic cards, eg my ASUS strix 970 reviewed at £300. I have seen the 3060 strix go for over £500 compared to MRSP of £299.
You also used to be able to buy last gen cards at a big discount when they came end of life, I bought the 970 brand new for £180, a vega 56 down from £349 to £235
I can see people's point of view about the current situation

Back
Top Bottom