Free quest 2 VR cover faceplate

Soldato
Wasn't going to do this, since I was planning on getting the AMVR one, which I may still do, but I have been getting some red skin patches now after playing gorilla tag, so thought I may as well put in for one.

Soldato
Anyone got a reply asking for details and photos? I got one like that, but just now got a link for the free cover anyway and its now processing.

Typically tonight i don't have the usual red mark so can't take a photo. But if it's going to come anyway I'm not sure I'll bother?

Soldato
Mine arrived today, feels good, but I'm not sure I have fitted it right lol. At first the nose cover thingy was going over a tiny amount of the lens but I sorted that. Need to have a play

Soldato
Ordered mine 12 days ago and had a confirmation email but nothing since, how long did you guys have to wait?

I ordered mine about a week ago, got an email showing it was processing. Nothing since. They asked me some details about the redness etc, so I replied and asked about it, they said to contact them again if there was nothing in a weeks time so next Wednesday is when I'll be emailing them again if I don't get a dispatch email.

Soldato
Made the initial contact over 2 weeks ago. Had the ‘we’ll send you a link in 3-5 business days’ and not had any further replies. Have replied to their initial email 3 times now.

Associate
Made the initial contact over 2 weeks ago. Had the ‘we’ll send you a link in 3-5 business days’ and not had any further replies. Have replied to their initial email 3 times now.

Sounds like they are struggling to fulfil orders after the initial rush. There's some for sale on ebay from the same seller for £30 plus postage to maybe people have been getting them just to sell.

Soldato
Mine arrived today, feels good, but I'm not sure I have fitted it right lol. At first the nose cover thingy was going over a tiny amount of the lens but I sorted that. Need to have a play

For anyone interested I found a good Youtube video which shows how to put it on properly (or at least a good method). Fold it in half then attach it dead centre and open from middle outwards. Seems to be placed well now.

Associate
mines arrive yesterday. I was a bit concerned that it's not compatible with the glasses spacer. I use prescription inserts from VRoptician, and I found that my eyelashes were messing up the lenses on the Q2, this wasn't the case with Q1. However using the spacer solved the problem.

I went with the 'fatter' of the two face inserts, and that works for me fine. Probably a little easier on the face/forehead, but not a substantial difference, but I currently engrossed in elite, so its not like its a sweaty active game, where I've seen many compliments.

Before I give the other one a go, what's the advantage of going for the thinner one ?

Associate
Put my request in. Was asked for proof of purchase etc which was accepted and then told to wait for next stage.

That's been over a week and not even had link to order etc.
Shambles comes to mind

Soldato
Put my request in. Was asked for proof of purchase etc which was accepted and then told to wait for next stage.

That's been over a week and not even had link to order etc.
Shambles comes to mind

Suspect they've been flooded with requests and just don't have the stock. I've been told my estimated date is the 25th of march (from a support ticket response), but it's not yet been dispatched...

Back
Top Bottom